front-end language 'switch' does not work

13 years 11 months ago #129425 by erichburkhard
front-end language 'switch' does not work was created by erichburkhard
Hello - I have set up a bilingual website (Joomla 1.5.15 / JoomFish 2.0.3 / CB 1.2.2). I also have installed 2 languages (english(default) / german). If I click on the language 'flag' the whole site (including the cb content) switches correctly to the corresponding language....so far so good. The only thing that does not work, is if I change the 'front-end language' field in the cb profile. The change of the front-end language field has absolutely no impact on the language of the website, although 2 languages (english / german) are selectable from the drop down field. Whats wrong here? Regards Eric

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #129528 by nant
erichburkhard wrote:

Hello - I have set up a bilingual website (Joomla 1.5.15 / JoomFish 2.0.3 / CB 1.2.2). I also have installed 2 languages (english(default) / german). If I click on the language 'flag' the whole site (including the cb content) switches correctly to the corresponding language....so far so good. The only thing that does not work, is if I change the 'front-end language' field in the cb profile. The change of the front-end language field has absolutely no impact on the language of the website, although 2 languages (english / german) are selectable from the drop down field. Whats wrong here? Regards Eric

Verify the the frontend language settings for the user you are testing are also changed in the Joomla user management backend area.

If so, then this is not a CB related issue.

13 years 11 months ago #129534 by erichburkhard
Replied by erichburkhard on topic Re:front-end language 'switch' does not work
Hi nant - I checked it and the settings in the backend do change synchronous with the changes in the 'front-end-language' field of the corresponding user....this means definitely that it is not a cb bug...but how can I solve the problem? Is it a Joomla 1.5.15. issue? Do you have any idea? Regards Eric

13 years 11 months ago #129537 by nant
erichburkhard wrote:

Hi nant - I checked it and the settings in the backend do change synchronous with the changes in the 'front-end-language' field of the corresponding user....this means definitely that it is not a cb bug...but how can I solve the problem? Is it a Joomla 1.5.15. issue? Do you have any idea? Regards Eric

To be totally honest, I am not sure what the exact functionality should be.

I would start by posting (searching first of course) on the Joomlafish forums. Might be a good idea to also reply to this thread with joomlafish thread URL so people could follow progress.

Also thought of one final test - please temporarily publish the Joomla login module and see if signing in with this makes a difference.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2010/04/07 21:00

13 years 11 months ago #129865 by erichburkhard
Replied by erichburkhard on topic Re:front-end language 'switch' does not work
Hi Nick, the idea with the JoomFish forum was good. I found a solution there:
-> select Extensions / Plugin Manager / System Jfrouter
-> set paramter of the plugin as follows:
Enable Language determination = yes
Language selection for new visitors = Site default language
Save user language in a cookie = no
-> leave the other paramters as they are

The exact bahaviour is that when a registered user changes his 'front-end language' setting the site language will not immediately change - but when this users logs in the next time the site will start up with the language that has been set as front-end language. - Thank you your hint - Eric

13 years 11 months ago #129880 by nant
Thanks for sharing - i am moving this thread to the language forum and making it a sticky.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn