[SOLVED] Peculiar problem

13 years 11 months ago #131956 by zain.abacy
[SOLVED] Peculiar problem was created by zain.abacy
Hi !
I am facing a typical problem with community builder profile page. I am using joomla 1.5.9 with CB 1.2.1 version. When I try to register and then sign in to the account the complete website shells down, it just dissapears.

The website shows a white page with a typical worn out url. Nothing works after that unless i go to my admin account and log out the username i tried to sign in.

Is that a problem with the version conflict or something. Please help me with this.

Thank You

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/05/05 20:44

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #131971 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Peculiar problem
zain.abacy wrote:

Hi !
I am facing a typical problem with community builder profile page. I am using joomla 1.5.9 with CB 1.2.1 version.

Please upgrade to latest Joomla (which is 1.5.17) and latest CB (which is 1.2.2). Then post in this forum area again if your problem still exists.

When I try to register and then sign in to the account the complete website shells down, it just dissapears.

The website shows a white page with a typical worn out url. Nothing works after that unless i go to my admin account and log out the username i tried to sign in.

Is that a problem with the version conflict or something. Please help me with this.

Thank You

Also please read our FAQ section (see signature) as there is a white page article there.

13 years 11 months ago #131989 by zain.abacy
Replied by zain.abacy on topic Re:Peculiar problem
Hi!

Thank you so much for the update Nick. Can you please tell me if there is any way to upgrade Joomla? I mean any internal way to do that.

13 years 11 months ago #132045 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Peculiar problem
zain.abacy wrote:

Hi!

Thank you so much for the update Nick. Can you please tell me if there is any way to upgrade Joomla? I mean any internal way to do that.

There is no easy install upgrade method for Joomla it self. I recommend reviewing the documentation found here to assist in your upgrade.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #132125 by zain.abacy
Replied by zain.abacy on topic Re:Peculiar problem
Hi Nick !

I upgraded community builder and also Joomla to the latest one to this date. I have installed cbstore and and other regular things. But after doing all when i try to log in as a user other than the admin, the complete site halts with just the white page and the link getting corrupted.

No matter what all i tried i dont know whats making this not work out.

New user can register but when try to login the site is going blank unless i unlog the user from admin control panel, the site comes back again but same problem arises when again try to log in.

Do i need to do do something with the mysql side or chmod somewhere?

please help

13 years 11 months ago #132142 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Peculiar problem
Once again ...

My first response directed you to also follow the FAQ article addressing 'white page' issues.

Here is a direct link for you:

www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/3949/58/

please check your error logs for issues.

Also, what is cbstore and other regular things?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn