Users select with tabs they show?

13 years 10 months ago #133533 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Users select with tabs they show?
Smitiz wrote:

Yes but I dont intend to use groups, my site's intented target group consists mainly on women, whos a bit more familiar with just clicking on yes/no rather than joining groups ^^

I am sorry but privacy plugin has nothing to do with groups.

Strongly suggest you look at your Doc-Subs tab in your profile and download and install the privacy plugin. Then check out your CB Tab parameters in backend (or CB Field parameters) to see how privacy works.

You appear to have privacy and groupjive mixed up in your mind.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #133543 by Smitiz
Replied by Smitiz on topic Re:Users select with tabs they show?
Sorry for the confusion, truth is, I worked too much today allready and getting a bit tired ^^

I have tried GroupJive and I like it too and its not that hard for anyone to join groups :)

All I want to know is how can I set groups created in GroupJive to be visible in "User Group to allow access to:" when I'm createing or editing a tab.

Please tell me this is possible so I can sleep good :)

13 years 10 months ago #133550 by Smitiz
Okay, heres what I want to create on my site, theoreticaly:

- Lets say I want to have 3 user groups on my page: a) Lemon lovers b) Orange lovers c) Apple lovers
- Every user can fill out 3 forms in their profiles if they want and they can write in it where they think the best lemon/orange/apple trees are grown and so on...
- Lets say I fill out all 3 and I'm part of all 3 groups too.
- I have a friend who likes apples but not the other 2, so hes just a member of the apple group.
- When he views my profile he can only see my apple info, not the rest.
- If he joins the orange group too, then he can view apple+orange info on my profile.

How can I do this?

13 years 10 months ago #133568 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Users select with tabs they show?
Smitiz wrote:

Okay, heres what I want to create on my site, theoreticaly:

- Lets say I want to have 3 user groups on my page: a) Lemon lovers b) Orange lovers c) Apple lovers
- Every user can fill out 3 forms in their profiles if they want and they can write in it where they think the best lemon/orange/apple trees are grown and so on...
- Lets say I fill out all 3 and I'm part of all 3 groups too.
- I have a friend who likes apples but not the other 2, so hes just a member of the apple group.
- When he views my profile he can only see my apple info, not the rest.
- If he joins the orange group too, then he can view apple+orange info on my profile.

How can I do this?

You would need CBSubs to do this. Each lover group would be a CBSubs plan (free or paid, your choice). Then you can restrict tabs/fields based on CBSubs plan subscriptions.

13 years 10 months ago #133569 by Smitiz
Well thats sad :blink: :(

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn