I don't want IP addresses showing on my site

13 years 9 months ago #134500 by lexiack
I don't understand how it can be a joomlacomments issue when CB is disabled, the IPs go away. Can you help me understand how that works?

Also is there a different comment system that works with CB better than joomlacomments, by chance? If so, what is it and I'll try it.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #134501 by lexiack
Do you mean a subscriber on this website? I'm a new subscriber, I just signed up the same day I posted my original message.

You mentioned anonymous users, I was allowing people to use the comments without registering first, but they would always put a name in. Are they still considered anonymous as far as the system is concerned? I wonder if there's a way to hide those IP addresses. I'd hate to have to delete their comments.

13 years 9 months ago #134550 by krileon
I don't understand.. are you using CB ProfileBook and the issue is present with CB ProfileBook or is the issue present with joomlacomments? If joomlacomments comments then please contact the developers, we don't support 3rd party extensions or 3rd party anything for that matter.

You mentioned anonymous users, I was allowing people to use the comments without registering first, but they would always put a name in.

Yes, those are anonymous users; their IP Address will be shown to everyone.

I wonder if there's a way to hide those IP addresses. I'd hate to have to delete their comments.

Delete their comments or edit CB ProfileBook is your only choice. If choose to edit the plugin I can not help you and you're on your own.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/06/02 17:26

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn