[SOLVED] Unable to register on site

13 years 9 months ago #135796 by solodisole
Replied by solodisole on topic Re:Unable to register on site
Ok, turned off Artio and the module works very very fine.

Re-set it to ON all my messages in forum aren't more reachable.

Switched to OFF again all messages are well shown.

I've to write to Artio assistance, but this is so frustating :(

Many thanks guys !
Davide

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #135816 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Unable to register on site
solodisole wrote:

Ok, turned off Artio and the module works very very fine.

Re-set it to ON all my messages in forum aren't more reachable.

Switched to OFF again all messages are well shown.

I've to write to Artio assistance, but this is so frustating :(

Many thanks guys !
Davide

Glad we helped.

Just a wild guess ... did you install Artio 2 days ago or make setting modifications to it?

13 years 9 months ago #135822 by solodisole
No, no changes were made ! I'm sure !
I'm the only admin on that site and no changes were made !
I really am sure !!!

Now my problem is: since Artio has created me many problems: what else SEF manager I'll use ?

How I can install another SEF manager ? I've to backup my actually SEF ?

:(

13 years 9 months ago #135848 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Unable to register on site
CB only supports CMS provided SEF. In this case it only supports Joomlas built in SEF. Typically most 3rd party SEF extensions allow "prettier" URLS, but not "practical" URLS. What this means is 3rd party SEF tends to "over re-write" in the aspect it begins stripping parameters from URLs, etc... I recommend simply using Joomla SEF with mod_rewrite (rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess via FTP).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #135885 by solodisole
uhmmm...ok I was already thinking to dismiss Artio.

This is the right occasion :)

I will use Joomla SEF.
Compliments for CB community, it is a very good component.

P.S. a little question: there is a way to backup all users accounts ?

I'm using Akeeba backup but I've no tested if recover features works fine (hoping to never test :) ) and than I've no idea if my backup really will be helpful in case of "disaster recovery".

I've scheduled a plugin that export my DB all the night and send the backup in an e-mail.

Are these backup enough securely to recover all my users account ?

13 years 9 months ago #136024 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Unable to register on site

Are these backup enough securely to recover all my users account ?

Any database back-up should be an acceptable recovery method as all user information as well as CB fields, etc.. is stored via database. As far as I'm aware Akeeba Backup should be sufficient, but you should discuss this with its developers on its CB support.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn