[SOLVED] CB and LDAP

13 years 9 months ago #136941 by MarkZ
[SOLVED] CB and LDAP was created by MarkZ
Hi all,

I'm sorry if there is already posted a same thing here.
But I am really looking for a good help.

Currently I am working for a customer who has an outdated Joomla and I am fixxing up a new intranet site with new features (Joomla 1.5)

Also there is a need for an internal addressbook that can be updated by the employee or a seccretary or an admin. CB would be perfect to accomplish this goal.
We have a MS Active Directory running and contains all users.

At this moment I am building in a virtual enviroment the same setup but with the new Joomla in place.
I have it syncing against my test Active Directory and that works as long as Joomla's context login handles the login but the user is not confirmed or approved in CB. Although confirmation is set to no for all options. If the CB login handles the login, it can't find the user (I expect that CB checks only it's own records)

So it's kinda like a yes or no situation.
Is CB THE solution for my wishes or are there other options to look for?

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/07/02 16:49

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #136944 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:CB and LDAP
You would need to find a ready-made integration plugin for your MS Active Directory or make one yourself.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

13 years 9 months ago #136947 by MarkZ
Replied by MarkZ on topic Re:CB and LDAP
Never mind.
I found it.

At this moment I am using JAuth to set up the LDAP connection.
This works and the user can login through the standard Joomla authentication with the windows credentials.

CB checks everything off when the user has updated the fields that are requested in CB.

Thanks for the fast reply though.
Topic can be closed.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn