User cant update details. Conflict w/ component

13 years 9 months ago #137087 by the_vesh
Hey everyone. Long-time fan, first time poster. I have a bug that requires some fixing. Given my limited PHP knowledge, I am a little bit lost. I know this is a fairly specific issue, but should be simple for someone with PHP knowledge and familiarity with Joomla/CB. If it requires any knowledge above what can be given for free, I am willing to pay for a fix as I am quite desperate.

I am using Joomla! Version 1.5.18 CMS and have Community builder v1.2.2 installed as well as WHMCS (billing software) connected via J!WHMCS integrator. I currently have Community Builder installed saving user details to separate CB tables while J!WHMCS is synchronizing with the joomla user tables.

The problem occurs when the user tries to save details in the frontend of Community Builder. When the "update" button is pressed, the J!WHMCS plugin that authenticates the users intercepts the "update" details button and proceeds to log in the user again, instead of saving the details. The CB details are not saved although I am able to edit and save CB user details from the backend because the tables seem to be ok. I would like the frontend button to save CB user details instead of being intercepted by another component, JWHMCS. It seems to be a conflict of the components. I know this is not a CB problem but one I have created for myself.

Any help would be great and I would like to thank you for even reading this post. Again, I am quite desperate.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #137191 by krileon
You need to contact the developers of your plugin, this is not an issue of CB. Sounds like the plugin is using the trigger onBeforeUserUpdate and should be using onAfterUserUpdate before performing its redirect or whatever it may be doing. We do not assist with 3rd party development, sorry.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/07/06 19:17

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn