Please complete the username and password fields.

12 years 8 months ago #169739 by graham1reborn
Hi There
Loving CB
I keep getting the following message when I try to sign in using the FB button
Please complete the username and password fields.
Cant seem to fix
please help

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #169772 by krileon
Please provide Joomla, CB, and FBC versions. This only happens if the API can't retrieve the users profile information; likely due to privacy settings, which there is no workaround for. FBC is designed to respect user privacy.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #169778 by graham1reborn
Replied by graham1reborn on topic Re: Please complete the username and password fields.
Hi

Thanks for quick reply

CB Facebook Connect 1.4
CB 1.4.0

Are you referring to the individual Facebook privacy settings?

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #169788 by krileon

Are you referring to the individual Facebook privacy settings?

Yes, your Facebook privacy settings could be too strict. FBC requires access to your Name (first and middle) to format a username. Are you able to test using another Facebook account?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #169789 by graham1reborn
Replied by graham1reborn on topic Re: Please complete the username and password fields.
Thanks for that friend
My Wife's FB works perfectly
Brilliant add-on

12 years 8 months ago #169795 by krileon

graham1reborn wrote: Thanks for that friend
My Wife's FB works perfectly
Brilliant add-on

This would indicate a problem with your account directly then in most cases. Usually it's due to not being able to obtain first and last name or perhaps your name has invalid characters.

Please delete the application from your authorized applications at the below location and attempt to re-login using FBC on your site.

Account > Privacy Settings > Apps and Websites > Edit your settings > Apps you use > Edit Settings

You can review and configure your name from the below location.

Account > Account Settings > Settings > Name

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.483 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn