[SOLVED] API Error Code: 191

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #172718 by DJ ChrisMyk
[SOLVED] API Error Code: 191 was created by DJ ChrisMyk
I have recently installed the Facebook Connect on my site (www.pinoydeejays.com)
I have carefully followed all instructions,

After installation I got this error when I tested the Facebook tab.

API Error Code: 191
API Error Description: The specified URL is not owned by the application
Error Message: redirect_uri is not owned by the application.

Can you please tell me what I did wrong?

Thanks.

Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #172803 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: API Error Code: 191
Your Facebook application isn't configured right. Please review the documentation again as to the correct URL. If you access your site at www.example.com and you've created an application for example.com then it won't work, it must be exact.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #172849 by DJ ChrisMyk
Replied by DJ ChrisMyk on topic Re: API Error Code: 191
Thanks for the reply.
Can you please guide me as I am not a developer and am learning to use your software.

Here is what is on my Facebook developer's page"

[MOD EDIT]: You've just revealed your app id and app secret on a public forum and compromised your application. Please generate a new app secret and re-configure the plugin. Contents removed for your safety.

Did I do it right?

Thanks.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #173147 by krileon
Your configuration is wrong, please see the below. People I can not stress this enough. Read the documentation and configure EXACTLY AS INSTRUCTED. Do NOT complete parameters you are NOT told to configure.

Site URL: www.pinoydeejays.com
Site Domain: BLANK (DO NOT CONFIGURE THIS YOU WERE NEVER TOLD TO DO SO)

With the above you will NEED to navigate to your website at www.pinoydeejays.com. If you try to go to pinoydeejays.com then it will NOT work. This is a security feature put in place by Facebook. If need be create an htaccess URL redirect to send users from pinoydeejays.com to www.pinoydeejays.com.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #173224 by DJ ChrisMyk
Replied by DJ ChrisMyk on topic Re: API Error Code: 191
Thanks so much.

You have been a great help.

12 years 7 months ago #173293 by krileon
Will be looking to resolve this with next release by supporting "Site Domain" to prevent future configuration issues. I believe that is the only parameter that can cripple the plugins usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn