Realnames instead of Usernames

18 years 3 months ago #2656 by rick
Realnames instead of Usernames was created by rick
I'm sure there are a lot of people who like me think that one of the main aspects of CB is to build communities. A community in my mind is a bunch of people getting together and getting to know each other. My question is how do you get to know people when most of the apps do not show a real name but a nickname. The purpose of this post is to show a couple of ways to present real names instead of nicknames.

Since I am having problems putting this all in one post I will put the idea here then the tips in the replys.

Post edited by: rick, at: 2005/12/22 01:52

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #2657 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:Realnames instead of Usernames
Whos on Line - Several show username but the best that I have found is Who's Online Addon Extensions. It has the option to present either Username or Realname. It also supports SMF, MyPMS, Flashchat, and CB. It can be found at www.joomlahacks.com/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,41/func,fileinfo/id,272/

Post edited by: rick, at: 2005/12/22 02:48

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
SMF 1.1 RC2
Attachments:

18 years 3 months ago #2659 by rick
MyPMS Enhanced - To fix this problem in myPMS enhansed and probably the other varients of myPMS open open.php in the Components/com_pms directory. At around line 254 find the line
[code:1] if($cb_use=='1') $query="SELECT t1.username,t1.name FROM #__users AS t1, #__comprofiler AS t2 WHERE t1.block!='1' AND t2.approved='1' AND t2.confirmed='1' AND t1.username!='$my->username' AND t1.id=t2.user_id ORDER BY username";[/code:1]and change it to
[code:1] if($cb_use=='1') $query="SELECT t1.username,t1.name FROM #__users AS t1, #__comprofiler AS t2 WHERE t1.block!='1' AND t2.approved='1' AND t2.confirmed='1' AND t1.username!='$my->username' AND t1.id=t2.user_id ORDER BY name";[/code:1]then find at line 255
[code:1] else $query="SELECT username,name FROM #__users WHERE block!='1' AND username!='$my->username' ORDER BY username";[/code:1] and change it to
[code:1] else $query="SELECT username,name FROM #__users WHERE block!='1' AND username!='$my->username' ORDER BY name";[/code:1]

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 3 months ago #2660 by rick
Total users - I prefer the module Total Users like the one found here at Joomlapolis. It can be found at mamboforge.net/frs/?group_id=222&release_id=2823 At the botom of the module it can display Last Registered but it also shows username. To fix this open /modules/mod_totalusers.php at around line 36 you will find a line that starts with
[code:1]$query5 = "SELECT username [/code:1]Change it to [code:1]$query5 = "SELECT name [/code:1]

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 3 months ago #2675 by nant

18 years 3 months ago #2738 by crow
Replied by crow on topic Re:Realnames instead of Usernames
Dont know if this is a bug or something in TOTAL User Module.
But user that are not confirmed are showed in this Totaluser list as last registred.
I check the Joomla User Menager and this user is enabled, but in Comunity Builder user Menagment it isnt.....

I checked user registration it work, and all part of registration and confirmation are done trought CB....

Thnx

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.659 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn