Realnames instead of Usernames

18 years 2 months ago #4744 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Realnames instead of Usernames
cotton9 wrote:

Thanks for the great info. So far, I have everything showing real names except for the login module.

How can I change the login module to show "Hi, Real Name" instead of "Hi, username"?

Go to modules list, click on the cb login module and look at parameters, change and save

Voilà :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #6853 by deputyjones
Replied by deputyjones on topic Re:Realnames instead of Usernames
benjamin wrote:

to whom it may concern:

uddeIM 0.5b supports real names per default. If you run your CB with real names when installing the uddeIM component, uddeIM will automatically use real names as well.

I installed CB after my install of uddeim, and i cannot find a config setting in the admin panel of uddeim to make it use real names.

Is there a config file that you know of that I can change manually to make this happen?

Thanks in advance!

18 years 1 month ago #6861 by pateta12
Replied by pateta12 on topic Re:Realnames instead of Usernames
deputyjones wrote:

benjamin wrote:

to whom it may concern:

uddeIM 0.5b supports real names per default. If you run your CB with real names when installing the uddeIM component, uddeIM will automatically use real names as well.

I installed CB after my install of uddeim, and i cannot find a config setting in the admin panel of uddeim to make it use real names.

Is there a config file that you know of that I can change manually to make this happen?

Thanks in advance!

Here's your answer:

beat wrote:

cotton9 wrote:

Thanks for the great info. So far, I have everything showing real names except for the login module.

How can I change the login module to show "Hi, Real Name" instead of "Hi, username"?

Go to modules list, click on the cb login module and look at parameters, change and save

18 years 1 month ago #6863 by pateta12
Replied by pateta12 on topic Re:Realnames instead of Usernames
deputyjones wrote:

benjamin wrote:

to whom it may concern:

Thanks in advance!

Here's your answer:

beat wrote:

cotton9 wrote:

18 years 1 month ago #6970 by deputyjones
Replied by deputyjones on topic Re:Realnames instead of Usernames
Maybe I missed something (probably the case), but it appears this answer is to someone else's question and not necessarily relevant to my question.

I have CB setup in the login module to use uddeim, and have CB set to use real names. However, when uddeim is still using usernames.

Also, I have the same issue with FlashChat. Anyone gotten this working with CB and real names?

18 years 6 days ago #8699 by jwmartinez
Replied by jwmartinez on topic Re:Realnames instead of Usernames
I need somewhat the oposite, i need that in the user list its show the username and not the real name. its this posible?
Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn