import csv file

18 years 2 months ago #4926 by bpburns
import csv file was created by bpburns
Hello,

I have a csv file containing user profile information from another database (home grown / non community builder related). I would like to modify the CB user management to be able to add a "import csv" file tab.

I'm not trying to create a generic solution at this point. I would create new fields manually to match those in the CSV file first. Then I would like to load the CSV file and insert the entries into the jos_comprofiler table while creating new Joomla users at the same time.

My first question is this the right forum to post this question? The second question is, is something like this be possible? My third question is does something like this exist already that I could model a solution after? The code to parse the csv file and insert the entries into the table would be pretty straight forward. The hardest part would be figuring out how to integrate this into the user management administration panel.

Regards,
Brian Burns

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #14366 by _lpkb_
Replied by _lpkb_ on topic Re:import csv file
did you have any luck with this? i am very interested in doing something similar (converting a non-joomla/non-cb site to joomla/cb and importing an existing userlist with custom fields into CB ).

apparently JUICE will import the basics for joomla's basic user table, but then to import the custom fields.... ?

L.

Post edited by: _lpkb_, at: 2006/05/31 18:17

17 years 10 months ago #14368 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:import csv file
Search for keyword "juice" and see some of the last posts in that thread.

mikko

17 years 10 months ago #14370 by _lpkb_
Thx, this thread seems to give instruction for what I need... I will try it!

L

17 years 10 months ago #14475 by _lpkb_
Juice has imported the basic users information into Joomla, but I'm having a hard time following the directions to get the extended fields from the CSV file into the CB table jos_comprofiler.

It's mostly working, but the dates are not working correctly--does anybody have any tips on importing dates through PHP MyAdmin?

L.

17 years 10 months ago #14476 by _lpkb_
Juice has imported the basic users information into Joomla, but I'm having a hard time following the directions to get the extended fields from the CSV file into the CB table jos_comprofiler.

It's mostly working, but the dates are not working correctly--does anybody have any tips on importing dates through PHP MyAdmin?

L.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.321 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn