public view of profiles - how do you do this?

18 years 2 months ago #5411 by cbc58
Hi-

I'm brand new to this program and am trying to figure out how to allow non-registered users to view member profiles and search for members.

Anyone done this?

I have tried linking to the memberlist from an outside link, but when I click on a members info it says "you are not allowed to view this".

Any advice appreciated.

Tks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #5418 by lennox
hello cbc58!
Welcome!;)
Go to you're backend (administrator)
Then go to components/community builder/configuration!

Then the 4th tab (i got not the english function)
It's the config about user profiles. Set the available to : public. I don't know the exact english words. But i think you can find it with this info.

Goodluck!

LENNOX
Official CB 3th Party Developer
Working on the CBRC2 Lennoxonline module
Official partner and PR-man of dcsFlashGames
RELEASED: Highest Karma Module
RELEASED: PROFILE VOTE KARMA PLUGIN

www.nightcity.nl

18 years 2 months ago #5424 by cbc58
Thanks. That worked!! Appreciate it.

18 years 2 months ago #5441 by lennox
With all my pleasure :)

LENNOX
Official CB 3th Party Developer
Working on the CBRC2 Lennoxonline module
Official partner and PR-man of dcsFlashGames
RELEASED: Highest Karma Module
RELEASED: PROFILE VOTE KARMA PLUGIN

www.nightcity.nl

18 years 1 month ago #8073 by juliecracker
Replied by juliecracker on topic Re:public view of profiles - how do you do this?
I need the "inverse" of this. I want to keep the profiles accessible only to registered members, but I want certain lists to be viewable by anyone (such as providing a public list of the officers of the club).

I tried making the List itself accessible (via "User Group to allow access to") to "Everybody", but this didn't work. So I added "Allow Access to" "Everybody" in Configuration/User Profile (as mentioned above).

However this made my list STILL not accessible to non-registered users, but if a user had the URL of a member's profile then they could see it :-( The exact opposite of what I need.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!
j

17 years 11 months ago #13277 by _lpkb_
juliecracker, did you have any luck on this? i need something very similar to what you are looking for. i want to be able to have a user list with certain fields showing that does not click to profiles, available to the general public. then if a registered user is logged in, i'd like for the user list to click to profile.

i have a feeling this might involve a hack of some kind.

l.

juliecracker wrote:

I need the "inverse" of this. I want to keep the profiles accessible only to registered members, but I want certain lists to be viewable by anyone (such as providing a public list of the officers of the club).

I tried making the List itself accessible (via "User Group to allow access to") to "Everybody", but this didn't work. So I added "Allow Access to" "Everybody" in Configuration/User Profile (as mentioned above).

However this made my list STILL not accessible to non-registered users, but if a user had the URL of a member's profile then they could see it :-( The exact opposite of what I need.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!
j

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn