Importing User Databases

17 years 7 months ago #20611 by ianmel
Replied by ianmel on topic Re:Importing User Databases
mikko wrote:

This does the works, but it is not finished yet. I seems likely that I will not continue developing this any further, since it takes much time compared to just importing manually with phpmyadmin.

mikko

hi mikko,

i've been working on a similar scenario (importing users from a non-cb/joomla database). i have used juice (even deleted all subscribers a couple times) to start fresh. now i have my 262 users in jos_users and synced with jos_comprofiler. checked and its all there.

however there is no data in common between the two tables in phpmyadmin so i can't update my custom fields for cb :-( the 2 tables have different id's. nothing in common. any suggestions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 7 months ago #20615 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Importing User Databases
If you synced, there is a common userid

mikko

17 years 7 months ago #20616 by ianmel
Replied by ianmel on topic Re:Importing User Databases
thanks mikko! i decided to export both tables for scrutiny and realized exactly this ;-) thanks for your informative posts!

17 years 7 months ago #20636 by ptkho
Replied by ptkho on topic Re:Importing User Databases
Just want to note that JUICE is not working properly when RG_EMULATION setting is on the recommended OFF in the globals.php.
So you have to put it back on ON!

P.S. Is there perhaps someone who can rewrite this handy but necessary tool?

17 years 7 months ago #20651 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Importing User Databases
ptkho wrote:

I see two ways of making this happen:
1) contact the original author
2) arranege a fundraiser or other similar thing to make a compelling incentive for someone to work for this

mikko

17 years 6 months ago #22273 by ptkho
Replied by ptkho on topic Re:Importing User Databases
mikko wrote:

ptkho wrote:

I see two ways of making this happen:
1) contact the original author
2) arranege a fundraiser or other similar thing to make a compelling incentive for someone to work for this

mikko

Just to let you know: I e-mailed the original author some time ago, but got no response. I fear there is no new further development from his side on JUICE.
Suggestion 2) is a good idea, but I think hardly anyone in this forum feels attracted to do this. Perhaps an even better suggestion is to convince the CB-team to integrate JUICE in the CB-component. It would be so handy to have it standard in the component so everyone can start immediately if they already have an existing userdatabase.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn