[SOLVED] Need help with ProfileBook

13 years 9 months ago #136797 by Silver007A
[SOLVED] Need help with ProfileBook was created by Silver007A
Hi,

I have posted this 3 times now and it seems to disappear from the forum. If I am posting in the wrong place please let me know.

If there is some documentation on the profilebook plugin that may be all I need, but I cant find any.

I have installed and enabled the ProfileBook plugin.

I cant find out how to get the Ratings working. It is enabled, but how do I rate someone?

Also, how do people add comments to the Profile Book tab?

Can it be set so anyone (or registered users) can add comments to the Profile Wall?

Also, can someone tell me the difference between the Wall, Book and Blog?

With the Blog, do the articles categorise into months, or does it just keep growing longer and longer on the same page?

Post edited by: Silver007A, at: 2010/06/29 16:15

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/07/15 20:42

Thank you everyone

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #136800 by heyai
Replied by heyai on topic Re:Need help with ProfileBook
Rating: Have you tried posting on someone's wall or book? If you do you are able to set 0 to 5 stars.

Profile book: by clicking on the "Sign Profile Book"

Wall: check out the profile wall settings for that.

Have a look into some user profiles like nant 's where there are pages of posts :D

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

13 years 8 months ago #136807 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Need help with ProfileBook
Silver007A wrote:

Hi,

I have posted this 3 times now and it seems to disappear from the forum. If I am posting in the wrong place please let me know.

Nope - just moved to proper forum area.

13 years 8 months ago #136870 by Silver007A
Replied by Silver007A on topic Re:Need help with ProfileBook
Thanks for the reply Heyai and Nant. It confirms I have a problem with the ProfileBook as even if I am logged in as a profile member I cannot write in the profilebook! Therefore I cant rate either.

There is a Blog tab as well as ProfileBlog. What system does nant use with the Blog tab. Mamblogger isn't available now I don't think. Is there another option?

I'd really like a Blog for each profile.

Thanks again

Thank you everyone

13 years 8 months ago #136884 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Need help with ProfileBook
The ProfileBook plugin provides a Guestbook, Wall, and Blog tab. You your self can not post on your own Guestbook nor can you rate your self. Navigate to another users profile for this. The blog tab that comes with CB is an integration for Mamblog, which does not work on Joomla 1.5.x. You rate users by posting on their Guestbook, which will feature the rating (Stars). Optionally you could just use the document subscriber rating fieldtype plugin and create a new rating field. I recommend just using the plugin as all your questions are basic usage questions, simply use it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #137246 by Silver007A
Replied by Silver007A on topic Re:Need help with ProfileBook
Thanks for your reply Krileon. I dont know why I couldnt write on the profilebook previously, but now it works.

I would still like a Blog option. IS there an alternative to Mamblog?

I found the answer to adding extra tabs. It was quite a journey through FAQs and the User Guide and posts. The final answer came from Nick stating that to edit the About Me tab you have to select Edit profile. Whew , what joy :laugh:

Thanks

Post edited by: Silver007A, at: 2010/07/07 13:53

Post edited by: Silver007A, at: 2010/07/08 00:14

Thank you everyone

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.409 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn