PreSale Questions

12 years 7 months ago #177466 by edslvsn
PreSale Questions was created by edslvsn
I am thinking about purchasing the advanced membership for the plug ins but I am not sure about some of them. I don't fully understand what profilebook is. I have searched for info all day and was wondering if you had any working demos? Or at least more detailed descriptions

The main thing I am wondering is about the blog tab. What I am looking for is a user blog that cb members could all have and I could have a separate page in the site that would be devoted to displaying recent, featured, ect. What exactly does the "blog" tab do?

Is this part of this addon?

I noticed as I was writing this that a blog addon is available to professional users, is this something that could be purchased separately? Or is there a demo for that anywhere?

I don't feel very comfortable giving out money for products I can't see more than just a few screen shots, but maybe I they are out there and I just can't find them.

Thank you for any answers you can give.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #177496 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: PreSale Questions

edslvsn wrote: I am thinking about purchasing the advanced membership for the plug ins but I am not sure about some of them. I don't fully understand what profilebook is. I have searched for info all day and was wondering if you had any working demos? Or at least more detailed descriptions

You can see this in action by visiting your profile on this site.
You will see the 3 ProfileBook tabs.

The main thing I am wondering is about the blog tab. What I am looking for is a user blog that cb members could all have and I could have a separate page in the site that would be devoted to displaying recent, featured, ect. What exactly does the "blog" tab do?

With CB ProfileBook you get a blog tab that users can use to blog.
The blogs are presented in that tab for others viewing the profile to see.
There is also a module that can be installed and configured to show latest blog activity.

Is this part of this addon?

See previous answer.

I noticed as I was writing this that a blog addon is available to professional users, is this something that could be purchased separately? Or is there a demo for that anywhere?

The Incubator Blog add-on cannot be purchased separately and there is no demo unfortunately.

The difference between it and the ProfileBook addon is that it can be configured to use the Joomla content storage to store user blogs. This means that the resulting blogs can be displayed in Joomla category layouts.

I don't feel very comfortable giving out money for products I can't see more than just a few screen shots, but maybe I they are out there and I just can't find them.

Thank you for any answers you can give.

I understand and I tend to agree. Unfortunately, currently we do not have individual descriptions of each and every add-on - maybe that's why the total package is priced so low and includes so much more (support, updates, etc.).

12 years 6 months ago #177547 by edslvsn
Replied by edslvsn on topic Re: PreSale Questions
Wow, that was a way faster response than I expected! I have never posted here because I can usually find any answers on the forum. Thank you for your detailed response.

I can't believe I never even thought about looking on my profile for the tabs sorry about that.

Thank you for your detailed response and I want you to know the response you gave me just sold me. I am not yet sure which package I will be getting, but if I can expect that type of support, then I feel braver taking the chance.

I totally get that for the power you are giving for the low cost, (and free for free membership) I should just be happy that I can use your product, thank you.

One last question though, for the professional membership, do the incubator addons work for Joomla 1.7? That was the only other question I couldn't find. Thanks again for the prompt and detailed answers.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn