Expression for the user id of a visited CB profile

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #151046 by ignatius2
Hi,

I need a string (something like {$my->id} or a table__field name) that would return the user id of a visited profile owner.

This expression should work whether I am visiting the profile of another user or my own profile.

I don't know anything about php but I suspect that this is probably very simple. I hope that one of you can help:) .

Thanks a lot.

John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #151085 by heyai
Krileon's forum signature used to link to a great tutorial for these kind of questions. However, the answer can be found in posts as well:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/130-cb-123-general-discussion/144897-solved-profile-page-title#146369

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #151104 by ignatius2
How can I access Krileon's forum signature. I couldn't find anything.

I played with the strings in the above link but it led nowhere. It seems that what I am trying to do only works with short expressions like {$my->id} or a table__field name.

What I am trying to do is to dynamically generate an upload directory name via Fabrik based on the ID of the visited profile ID.

e.g: I am an admin uploading files in the profile of a user (e.g.: user ID=19). I want the folder holding the file to be dynamically created and to bear the name of user 19 (so the name of folder would be 19). This is something that fabrik can do when used to populate a CB tab with a table. What I am trying to do is to figure out what string is going to return the user ID of the user/owner of the the profile in which I am uploading the file.

Thanks a lot

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #206501 by kabouter_wesley
Replied by kabouter_wesley on topic Re: Expression for the user id of a visited CB profile
Anybody knows how to display via PHP the user's ID on the homepage? i would be really grateful, thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn