[SOLVED] CB twitter connect: not connecting

14 years 4 days ago #127849 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB twitter connect: not connecting
beckaboojm wrote:

Sorry about that was just fustrated sorry :blush:

The affected site is www.vibestime.com
When a user try to use the facebook or twitter connect to log on to the site it just pops up a dialog saying "VALID_EMAIL" then returns them to the page without logging them in and if they try again it says email already registered. in the admin panel i can see the user but there is a "x" saying "unconfirmed" and a clock saying "Pending approval"

How can i solve this? i have the latest CB 1.2.2 and also the latest facebook/twitter connect plugins

Oh i cannot enable debug mode as its a live site :(

Post edited by: beckaboojm, at: 2010/03/23 17:47

Sounds like you have some newsletter plugin trying to add user directly to newsletter list and the plugin is chocking on the invalid email.

You should check with your newsletter component provider for potential solution.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 days ago #127873 by beckaboojm
Replied by beckaboojm on topic Re:CB twitter connect: not connecting
I disabled the AcyMailing component and tried again but i get the same error

14 years 4 days ago #127876 by beckaboojm
i found out the problem. it wasnt the mailing list software at all it was a setting in community builder. In the General tab in settins i changed the "Emails sent "From:"" to the admin email instead of the users email(which was causing the problem as it was not valid) now it works :woohoo:

14 years 4 days ago #127894 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB twitter connect: not connecting
Sorry for the inconvenience. Have created a bug ticket for your issue. Will need further investigation and properly a new method for handling email addresses.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 4 days ago #127901 by beckaboojm
Thanks for your help just the same. and sorry for being so annoyed at first. This is a excellent software and thats the MAIN reason i donated(although i got added benifits :woohoo: ) looking forward to using CB for a long time :)

12 years 9 months ago #166618 by theGamerBuzz
Replied by theGamerBuzz on topic Re:CB twitter connect: not connecting
I also have this issue. I have attempted to resolve this issue for the past 4-5 days to no avail. I am using sh404SEF so I though that this was the issue but it does not work even after disabling it. I followed the step-by-step instructions and suggestions on this forum and still have this issue. All seems to be working but when I accept to connect (with both fb and twitter) it goes back to my homepage but does not connect. My website is the following: www.thegamerbuzz.com

Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn