Lets address the K2 login and CB login Integration

13 years 8 months ago #140639 by primeparty
Ok, after much much searching and searching I have found a huge problem with CB (community builder) and K2 integration.

First, let me explain what it is that I want to do. First I would love to set up my user profiles to be like a community and have a way for other members to search for other members and have a cool looking profile.

As well, I want the ability for my blog content to work for my K2 content under the guise of User Groups.

So, in this scenario I would want my users to register/login via CB and automaticaly be able to select a user group that is permissable under my user groups selections i.e. Educational Policy user group. That way all their postings would be allowed freely under Educational Policy user group... In fact I would want the user to be able to choose multiple groups if the user wants to be apart of other user groups.

Now, in CB I would want a tab called User Groups Profile which would essentially be the K2 login profile for the user. It would list what user groups that person is apart of and their K2 extended profile information. As well, I have a platinum contributers section for special "bloggers" that I would want a similar tab for in case they don't have a user groups designation or just for ease I could call the User Groups Profile - Groups and Blog Profile (cb TAB).

Now, why this is not possible in the least, forget the tabs thing for a moment...

Currently when you register via CB you get a user account but it does not transfers over to K2 to their user profiles. There is no choice for them to choose or anything and going to my default user group of "Registered" does not even happen. :-(

If a plugin or extension that could at the very least address this issue that would be a place to start.

To be honest, I guess I would have to set up a user form to see what user group a user is interested in and manually add them to a certain group. I would have to do this for every user.

I do not see why I should use CB and pay for the upgrade when this functionality is not even available.

Admidatly when a user registers for the first time with K2 they are only put into registered but at the vey least right now I could let them have access to User Groups pages and allow them to go ahead and edit all user groups pages they want to.

but again if CB login could place them into the registered portion it would surely help in allowing me to use CB first without going in and manually editing every user via K2 Users.

Please advise and please let me know if this is a feature that you are willing to work on and I would love to buy the upgrade today and start making my CB community.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #140737 by krileon
We're already in discussion with K2 directly for an integration to be implemented. Sorry I can not say when this implementation will take place, but it is planned. Alternatively you can use something like document subscriber incubator project CB Queries to synchronize the user databases via database queries. You'd be required however to use CBs login module at all times as well as CBs registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #146925 by Desd
Hi Krileon,

Thanks for the tip on CB Queries! That would really be helpful while you work on a tighter integration.

However, CB Queries requires some serious skills (which I lack). Any clues would be really appreciated on how to add new users (when they register to the site) to a K2 usergroup so as to give them author permissions specified by K2.

Thanks in advance!
Greetings,

Desd

Desd

13 years 5 months ago #146954 by krileon

However, CB Queries requires some serious skills (which I lack). Any clues would be really appreciated on how to add new users (when they register to the site) to a K2 usergroup so as to give them author permissions specified by K2.

Only skills necessary are query skills. It's best to contact K2 on a query to add a user to a usergroup; they'll better know how the query needs formatted. CB Queries supports substitutions so things like [user_id] can be used to ensure the query is unique to the user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn