Forum tab saying no posts.

13 years 6 months ago #142926 by miniwhip
Forum tab saying no posts. was created by miniwhip
Using Kunena 1.5.12 with Joomla 1.2.3... Getting user has no posts in everyone's forum tab in their profiles. I'm not sure what to check out, but I did run all database checks, and they came back fine. Both the tab and plugin for the forums are installed and enabled. Any help would be great! Thanks.
The topic has been locked.
13 years 6 months ago #143008 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Forum tab saying no posts.
The forum tab respects access rights, so if viewing user does not have access to the forum category it won't show posts for that category. Please check you've proper access rights configured for your forum categories. Please also check that you've specified Kunena as the forum via Plugin parameters by editing the plugin in plugin management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
13 years 6 months ago #143136 by miniwhip
Replied by miniwhip on topic Re:Forum tab saying no posts.
That's the first thing I did when I started having trouble. It's all set correctly. Is there a way to reinstall the forum integration plugin? Or possibly is there a location where I can find the code for the plugin so I can see if it's referencing the correct places in my database? It's such a great feature, I would really like to get it back.
13 years 6 months ago #143153 by krileon
Not sure what to advise, is working fine in all my tests. In order to re-install the forum plugin you must re-install CB. You're welcome to review the plugins core at the following location but can not advise you on modifications to it.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbsimpleboardtab/

Still seams to be likely a configuration issue. Either with the plugin or with Kunena it self.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/09/30 18:51

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
13 years 6 months ago #143329 by miniwhip
Replied by miniwhip on topic Re:Forum tab saying no posts.
One thing I forgot to mention, I had a user DB issue where there was a collation error. I fixed that. Could this collation issue carry through to the database for Kunena posts?
13 years 6 months ago #143488 by krileon
miniwhip wrote:

One thing I forgot to mention, I had a user DB issue where there was a collation error. I fixed that. Could this collation issue carry through to the database for Kunena posts?

Don't know, enable debug mode and maximum error reporting to view your profile to see if there are any fatal errors. You may also want to view your server error log for any silent errors.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.341 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn