[SOLVED] when is cb 2.0 expected to go live?

13 years 6 months ago #143686 by marcob
I am planning some important changes to my website and the user's profile.

In order to decide on the timing:
Is the community builder 2.0 still scheduled for end 2010? or has there been delay?

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/26 14:48

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #143694 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:when is cb 2.0 expected to go live?
marcob wrote:

I am planning some important changes to my website and the user's profile.

In order to decide on the timing:
Is the community builder 2.0 still scheduled for end 2010? or has there been delay?

Please do not ask such things - we will not make any commitments and if you give feedback and we slip you will surely complain.

We will be blogging about CB 2.0 soon - we are still in design phase at the moment.

13 years 5 months ago #146671 by marcob
Replied by marcob on topic Re:when is cb 2.0 expected to go live?
when will you blog about cb2.0?

13 years 5 months ago #146777 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:when is cb 2.0 expected to go live?
marcob wrote:

when will you blog about cb2.0?

When we've further gotten grasp of how we want to develop CB 2.0. We're still in design discussion. We don't provide dates, has been as such for over 3 years; soon is best we can say.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #147012 by KatoKalin
Replied by KatoKalin on topic Re:when is cb 2.0 expected to go live?
I know. Developers never want to publish dates. And most of the time published dates are never met. So their use is limited.
On the other hand, users need your input to make decisions on their websites. I believe I am not alone thinking about if it is worth to invest time and money into the existing 1.2.3 if 2.0 is around the corner.
So maybe you could hint on the following:

- Do you think blogging will start in 2010?
- If you had an existing website and you are about to code or let code some additional plugins, would you wait for 2.0 or would you still go ahead with 1.2.3?
- Are you considering to completely rewrite CB (so that no existing plugins will work with it) or is it more likely to be an update?

So maybe you could give some more hints so we can decide if it is worth to wait. Thanks.

13 years 4 months ago #147015 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:when is cb 2.0 expected to go live?
CB 2.0 won't be released until next year, probably late next year. CB 1.3 is last on the chain then we're jumping forward full force for CB 2.0. There might be mini-releases of CB 1.3.x to resolve any bugs found, but believe no more features will be added as we'll be working on 2.0. Existing plugins will continue to work with CB 2.0, we do plan to provide backwards compatibility as we've always done. I would not wait around for 2.0, you should begin using CB 1.2.3 and soon 1.3 now then upgrade when 2.0 arrives (we've made it relatively painless to perform upgrades).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn