[SOLVED] "Edit Your Details" -- Code Showing

13 years 4 months ago #145793 by chofer
I have Community Builder 1.2.3 installed on our Joomla church website (Joomla version 1.5.22 Stable). When I am logged in to our website from the front end and go to the screen to edit my profile, I click on the "Contact Info" tab which displays a bunch of fields I can edit such as my first and last name, changing my password, etc. However, the "Email" field looks goofy as there is code displayed in and next to the text box (see attached image).

I'm not sure what happened here, but is there a way to get this corrected? If I hover my mouse over the code inside the textbox, then the cursor changes into a hand almost like it wants to behave like a hyperlink to a website.

Any help would be great...thanks!!!

Post edited by: chofer, at: 2010/11/09 07:57

Post edited by: chofer, at: 2010/11/25 03:10

Post edited by: chofer, at: 2010/11/25 03:11
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #145794 by chofer
Replied by chofer on topic Re:"Edit Your Details" -- Code Showing
Sorry...gonna try this again...with the image attached.

Attachment email.zip not found

Attachments:

13 years 4 months ago #145859 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:"Edit Your Details" -- Code Showing
Please see help us help you within my signature for proper debug procedures. Seams like some sort of conflict is present. Have you tried removing the contents and adding an actual email address?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #145883 by chofer
Hello krileon...

The first time you try to click within the textbox (where the code appears), it actually thinks it's trying to open up an e-mail client (in this case, Microsoft Outlook for me). When I go back to my profile screen, I can edit the text field to re-enter my e-mail address (which should have been there in the first place). So, when I inputted my e-mail address in the "Email" and "Confirm Email" fields and save those changes, then I get code showing next to the "Confirm Email" field as well. (See attached image.)

On a side note...sort of related. I decided to upload a different picture to my profile (via the Portrait tab), and when I clicked on the "Update" button, it said that I needed to input my e-mail address in the "Contact Info" tab (see above).

Attachment emailScreen.zip not found

Attachments:

13 years 4 months ago #145932 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:"Edit Your Details" -- Code Showing
Again, see help us help you within my signature and perform the proper debug procedures. You've some sort of conflict present that is causing this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #146087 by chofer
I don't mean to sound redundant here, but what I've given already in my OP should be a good start as to what versions of Joomla and Community Builder I am using. Our church website was hacked into about a month ago, and so we needed to install a fresh copy of Joomla to our domain (hosted by a company out of Utah called Host Monster). (As far as I know, PHP is up-to-date on their servers...I have never had a problem with Community Builder prior to this.) After installing a fresh, up-to-date version of Joomla, I installed the latest version of Community Builder (along with associated modules/plugins). In a nutshell, the database that was running our website prior to our site being hacked was not damaged (thank goodness), and so we were able to map that database back to our fresh installation of Joomla without losing any of the data we had. Yes, we had to re-install components in the admin pages (such as Community Builder), but I think we are better for it now...especially since we now have our site more secured. Anyway...I digress.

It seems to me that the code (which I've attached in earlier postings) is missing something...therefore displaying code to the end user. I've run all the database checks, and they all appear to be fine. Interestingly enough, I also have uddeIM installed, and I got a Connection request confirmation from someone I know, and the same kind of code was also displayed in the body of the message.

I apologize...I know that the second half of this message probably belongs in the uddeIM forum, but in a way, it seems all related to me.

Attachment uddeIMcodeErrors.zip not found

Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn