upgrade from 1.2RC to 1.2.3: DB function error

13 years 6 months ago #146674 by catconner1
I am attempting an upgrade from 1.2 RC2 to 1.2.3 in the following environment:

Joomla 1.5.22
MySQL 5.5.7-rc
PHP Version 5.2.14

I have been following the steps in the file README_UPGRADE.TXT in the section SUMMARY OVERVIEW OF NORMAL UPGRADE.

I have uninstalled the component, and when I try to reinstall, I receive this error:

JInstaller::install: SQL Error. DB function failed with error number 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 19 SQL=CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `jos_comprofiler` ......

IIRC, the "TYPE" parameter was deprecated with MySQL 4.0, and should now be "ENGINE". Is there any problem if I simply update the file install.comprofiler.sql to correct this in the SQL statements used in the installer? Or is CB only "certified" for MySQL 4.0?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #146677 by catconner1
Replied by catconner1 on topic Re:upgrade from 1.2RC to 1.2.3: DB function error
Ah. In order to make this work I also had to update the SQL in files comprofilej.xml and comprofiler.xml. But again, I would still like to know if this might have any undesirable consequences?

13 years 5 months ago #146820 by krileon
Just install CB 1.2.3 through Joomla extension manager to upgrade. It'll upgrade its self.

TYPE is not scheduled for depreciation until MYSQL 6.0, but was removed in MYSQL 5.4.4 prematurely, but yes you'll need to make manual changes to the XML files to resolve this or downgrade MYSQL if possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn