[SOLVED] Need Help in a Hurry! Fields not Populating!

13 years 4 months ago #146691 by dougbuchan
Hey Guys, I could really use some help!

I have a 6000 user database that already exists in a hand coded mySQL site that I need to import into CB as part of a new Joomla site build.

We intended on using CB SUBS as well with this site, and have already loaded our 15,000 member subscription to CB SUBS on the site. We're ready to go!

We have a deadline of having the user database populated by December 1st to be able to open Conference Registration on the new site. So time is critical.:(

Here's the scenario:
I exported all members from the old mySQL databse to excel.
I created all of the fields I needed, many of which are the same style/type (dropdown, free text, check box) as they were in the old HTML driven site.
I formatted all of the data to match the corresponding cb_fieldname in excel, and pruned any undesirable values etc.
I used CBJuice to upload the data to the site (after much hassle and errors in the way I was formatting for upload)
I finally got all 6000 users in my CB Database!! The fields match and everything!

:S NOW THE PROBLEM:
Any field that is a dropdown or selectable (not free text) field did NOT populate with the uploaded value.
So if the field "What is your level of training" (cb_training) was None in the databse, and None was a dropdown value, the Dropdown menu did not reflect None!

The values existed correctly in the mySQL databse after the upload though. And systems like DTRegister correctly populated the data based on those CB fields. It's just that CB isn't populating the dropdown menus in the front end (that is outside of the mySQL dtabase).

So I need to have these dropdown and selectable fields reflect the data that exists in the back end.

I have attached a screenshot of what I am talking about on my site. I also attached one row of my exported CB database and attached that as well. You can see that in this example record, Bree's training is None. The CB field is formatted, named, and uploaded correctly. The option of None exists in the dropdown box. But the dropdown box does not select None.

Please help!:cheer:

Attachment cb_image_and_dataexample.zip not found

Post edited by: dougbuchan, at: 2010/11/20 09:48

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/24 17:04

Doug Buchan
Buchan Consulting LLC
www.BuchaConsulting.com
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #146787 by krileon
Seams an issue with CB Juice, please contact the author; we did not develop CB Juice. CB has no user import/export feature, sorry. Sense the users are imported you could just format a database query to update those users rows in _comprofiler with the values you're wanting; just make user the user ids match up with your import.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #146905 by dougbuchan
Replied by dougbuchan on topic Re:Need Help in a Hurry! Fields not Populating!
It seems that CBJuice was adding a space following each imported value. So when CB was looking for a corresponding value int he database when populating a user profile, it wasn't finding Values that match the dropdown fields because of the space tacked on the end of the value in the databse.

Spaces deleted. Works fine now.

Thank you for your help Krileon

Doug Buchan
Buchan Consulting LLC
www.BuchaConsulting.com

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn