problem: links

13 years 4 months ago #146742 by coolsnopper
problem: links was created by coolsnopper
hi,

First I have to give some info about my site:
It is a site about plants. Users can choose what plant they are interested in when they register (drop down where they can select different plants).

So on there profile they see the plants that they are interested in.

Now what I would like to do is make a link to an article ,when they click on eg.'roses'.

As I said. I just know joomla.

Can anyone help?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #146810 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:problem: links
You can add static links using Delimiter fields where you can provide any HTML you'd like. Delimiter fields also support full substitution usage. More on substitutions within tutorials in my signature.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #146971 by coolsnopper
Replied by coolsnopper on topic Re:problem: links
Dear,

I know how to program a checkbox and a link in html-code.

But we don't know where (in which file) we need to program this (the output and input).

Could you help us with that?

Thanks in advance

13 years 4 months ago #146982 by krileon
Don't understand what you're asking. No core edits are necessary. You can create checkboxes or other fieldtypes from Field Management. To add an HTML link you can use a Delimiter fieldtype.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #147113 by coolsnopper
Replied by coolsnopper on topic Re:problem: links
hi,

sorry for the difficult explaination.

We would like to make a checkbox when you register. There you can pick 2, 3, 4,... options. Then, when you go to the profile you can see which options that you picks. And than there should be a link to the appropriat article for every option.

So what I can do is make a checkbox in register. But I don't know how I can link thit to the profile. Neither, do I know how to make the link.

Kind regards!

13 years 4 months ago #147139 by krileon
What you're wanting is doable with IF substitutions in a delimiter field. Please see tutorials within my signature concerning substitution usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds