IE8 Javascript problems

13 years 5 months ago #146833 by marykroeger
IE8 Javascript problems was created by marykroeger
IE8 only:

If in connections tab and try to click on the little PM icon I get the following: (UDDEIM pm installed v 2.1)

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Timestamp: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 20:25:41 UTC

Message: HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)
Line: 0
Char: 0
Code: 0
URI: www.healthcareshare.net/index.php?option=com_uddeim&task=new&recip=74

Then the pm compose if missing the entire edit box area (image included)

Post edited by: marykroeger, at: 2010/11/22 21:29
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #146894 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:IE8 Javascript problems
Issue seams unrelated to CB, but instead to that of UddeIM. Have you tried posting on the UddeIM boards here ?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #147919 by marykroeger
Replied by marykroeger on topic Re:IE8 Javascript problems
Please see: www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,25/id,147555/#147555

Each of you is pointing at the other -- and the bottom line is my IE8 users have an issue... can someone PLEASE help??

13 years 4 months ago #147945 by krileon
Do you get this error message when navigating to UddeIM outside of CB? Please create a Joomla menu link directly to UddeIM and confirm if you receive this error when clicking that link.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #149459 by marykroeger
Replied by marykroeger on topic Re:IE8 Javascript problems
The problem ONLY occurs when connecting from within CB and ONLY in the connections tab when you try to click on the little PM -- and ONLY in IE8 -- Firefox is fine.

13 years 3 months ago #149501 by krileon
marykroeger wrote:

The problem ONLY occurs when connecting from within CB and ONLY in the connections tab when you try to click on the little PM -- and ONLY in IE8 -- Firefox is fine.

Could not duplicate issue within IE6, IE7, and IE8. I still do not see how this could be an issue with CB or even UddeIM for that matter. We use the URL structure below to PM a user.. no JS usage at all. Nor is CB responsible for UddeIM composition aside from passing userid.

index.php?option=com_uddeim&task=new&recip=USER_ID_HERE

Doing some quick searching it seams it could be an Addon you have installed into IE. Please check your IE8 addons and remove them if necessary (if can't simply disable).

lmgtfy.com/?q=HTML+Parsing+Error%3A+Unable+to+modify+the+parent+container+element+before+the+child+element+is+closed+(KB927917)

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn