[SOLVED] only one page

13 years 4 months ago #146842 by mtxrooster
[SOLVED] only one page was created by mtxrooster
I struggled to find an appropriate topic. (the search string on this site is too short and doesn't allow for long enough search strings as trying to search for "only one page shows up", or "only first page shows up" get truncated to 'only one page', hence the name of my topic for others to find later..

The problem.. I'm working on another CB related issue (see my registration post) and following the help us help you post. Nothing on there has made a difference, nor needed changing, but while looking around I noticed something else that is different since my 1.2.1 to 1.2.3 update: I only get one page. What do I mean??

I click user management within CB. I see the first page of users show up. I click next page, I see the same 20 users. I select the box to show more than 20 results, I see the 1st 20 users again. I type in a users name to search for him? I see the first 20 users again. This happens on all the tabs.. (ie tab management, field management list management, and plugin management), only with SOME of them, clicking the display x results works, like one management tab has 23 items, and selecting the next number higher than 20 DOES show all 23)..

I know for a solid fact in 1.2.1 this worked, as I edit users frequently, and have a few other tabs I change/add data to on a not-as-frequent basis.

Like I mentioned above - I have followed the help us help you, nothing changed, nothing altered.. I have been through the tools, everything greens out fine.

The only other thing I can personally thing of doing is uninstalling all that is CB, then going into mysql administrator and removing any trace of jos_comprofiler_xxx and installing the 1.2.3 package as new instead of an upgrade, assuming that something got botched between the 1.2.1 and 1.2.3 system/database.. This sound like the best solution, or are there other ideas?

For the record, I did find one other person complain about the 'only one page', but the person who responded simply told them it'd been answered at least 7 times and to use the search. I have no doubt he did, just as I did and was unable to churn up anything :(

Only thing that doesn't make sense is why this update caused so many problems.. Is that normal, have there been alot of other people with update issues? I know the package doesn't get updated that often, but in the times past, I've never had a single issue, not sure why this time went so horribly wrong, lol!

Post edited by: mtxrooster, at: 2010/11/24 08:47

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/24 15:52

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #146899 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:only one page
Does the page change at all or simple refresh or do nothing at all. As in when clicking 2 does it actually stay on 2 or just say 1 again. This could indicate a problem with JS. Please review your browser error console when changing pages.

If there's a JS problem you may also find issues with Saving a user; does the Save button function? Are you using any ACL modifications extensions? What Joomla release are you on?

Your previous post did not provide the help us help you data, please read it again. Your previous post also indicates a possible corruption of your database; probably duplicate users or mismatched IDs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #146921 by mtxrooster
Replied by mtxrooster on topic Re:only one page
Well don't ask me why (seriosuly, don't ask, cuz I've not a clue) but I went to see if when I mouse-over the page number or whatever, if it indicated page 2, or when it loaded whether it said anything about page 2 up top OR down on the bottom in the status area of the browsers..

It's working now. Nothing has changed since my post yesterday.. The work of elves and faeries, I suppose.. lol

So I [solved] this one, and will revert back to my other post and continue on down the troubleshooting chart.

FWIW, joomla 1.5.21, no acl, nothing funky/funny loaded.. (but I'll repost that on the other thread as well).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn