[SOLVED] display community builder field in my front end

13 years 5 months ago #146857 by dreadstock
Hello everybody,

I created a website with. I used community builder to create a new registre page. With different informations : "Name of company, logo, lastname and first name of the contact". I would like to recove some of this field.

Example, i would like to display the company name and logo of the registred user.
How can i recove this field in community database ?
I need the sql request and the methode to recove community builder field.
Can you help me ? a tutorial or an explication ?

Sorry for my english, i am french ;)

Thanks in advance for your help !
kind regards

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/25 14:44

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #146907 by krileon
Don't know what you mean by recovering a field. A users field data is stored in _comprofiler with their associated row. You can add new fields to a users profile from Field Management. If needing direct database queries you can review MYSQL documentation here .

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #146909 by dreadstock
Hi, thank you for your answer.
For example, i would like to do a request for my in_comprofiler database, to display some field on my website.
For that, i must do a specific mysql request ? ( i don't know how, do you have an exemple or a tutorial ?)
and i must create a php fonction to display some field. How ?

Can i help me ? thanks in advance

13 years 4 months ago #146937 by krileon
Sorry, no I can't help you develop a 3rd party extension; sorry. I recommend reviewing existing CB plugins as examples. You can do a select query to the _comprofiler database as you feel necessary, but it will not give you a properly formatted field; that must be done with API. You can review how to include CB API, build $user object, and obtain fields via Tutorials within my signature. Example of a select query as follows.

[code:1]
SELECT `firstname` FROM `jos_comprofiler` WHERE `user_id` = XYZ
[/code:1]

You'd need to replace XYZ with the actual ID of a user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #146939 by dreadstock
Thanks for this select query.
I will try to do that.
Thanks

13 years 4 months ago #146964 by krileon
dreadstock wrote:

Thanks for this select query.
I will try to do that.
Thanks

It's just an example; do not directly use that exact query as it will not work. I recommend you review MYSQL documentation here and the MYSQL tutorials here .

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn