Multiple accounts for my "brokers"

13 years 5 months ago #146873 by jakobe75
Multiple accounts for my "brokers" was created by jakobe75
I am modifying the usual CB community to function as a property listing site.

everything is going swimmingly, almost have the sites structure and user plans completely setup.

tabs are in place
so are the fields.
artwork is done
looks (and functions) fantastico!

I decided it was a good time to go look at the DB and the data of the original site and pull out the profiles and import them into CB.

this, also went rather well, until I found about 6-7 multiple accounts from the same users.

They are valid profiles because they were entered in by property brokers, who represent several properties. but yet have the same contact info for each listing.

and of course, they all have a half dozens listings and they dont have a half dozens emails.

see....on the original site we didnt require a user account to enter in a free property listing, just a name email addy and the data for the listing.

We manually set this on the site when we received it and would manually have to edit it when a change was required.

but now on this super awesome CB site users can edit their own listings and not bother us at all.

We only required a "true registration" for those who wanted paid access to the entire listing.

so....
whats a good solution?

I have these brokers, who want to manage multiple CB profiles easily.
and of course they want to do it with one email address, and with as little login effort as possible.

Is it possible to run a joomla /CB with non-unique email addys? (I can imagine some security risks and confusion stemming from this.)

but even if I am able to use the same emails addys over and over, will these brokers be able to add future accounts using the same email?

Are there any components that let users manage multiple CB profiles?

confused.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #146938 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Multiple accounts for my "brokers"

Is it possible to run a joomla /CB with non-unique email addys? (I can imagine some security risks and confusion stemming from this.)

Nope, it's coded into Joomla and CBs core with unique email in mind. Most extensions also are coded with such behavior.

but even if I am able to use the same emails addys over and over, will these brokers be able to add future accounts using the same email?

Probably not; at least not without massive changes to Joomla and CB alike.

Are there any components that let users manage multiple CB profiles?

Not that I am aware. I recommend using a directory extension in conjunction with CB so users have a single account for contact information, but are using XYZ extension to list their properties. Could be quite easily done with any of the number of directory extensions found at Joomla.org such as mostree, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn