Want to display avatar on multi profile pages

13 years 4 months ago #146883 by Tastiger
I looked in forums and couldn't find anything specific about this.

I am using CB Profile Pro - therefore I have 5 pages to my CB profiles.

What I would like to achieve is to display the portrait on all 5 pages but not at the original size (300x300) as it is on the "home" profile page.

I just want a small image (perhaps 120x120?) in the top corner along with the user page profile title ({loadtab User Profile Page Title}).

I know the avatar thumbnails are stored but my issue is how to access them to display on the other profile pages.

Does anyone know of a module or coding that I could use to achieve the effect I am after?

Perhaps pulling the avatar from Kunena or Groupjive may be the way to go - but I am at a loss how to "grab" them....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #146898 by nant
Not familiar with CB Pro - perhaps you should ask the same question on the developers site?

13 years 4 months ago #147042 by Tastiger
I'm not sure I got the message across well in my original post.

With Profile Pro you actually design each page of a profile by inserting fields or tabs.

I know I can insert the field cb_avatar which will give me the full size avatar image.

What I would like is a field or tab for the thumbnail (the re-sized image that is used in user lists etc) not the full size avatar.

Does that make more sense?

I suppose it could even be done with a SQL query if anyone has any advice on that appproach....

Post edited by: Tastiger, at: 2010/11/25 22:31

Post edited by: Tastiger, at: 2010/11/25 22:50

13 years 4 months ago #147062 by krileon

Does that make more sense?

If CB Profile Pro uses substitutions then you can't as it's hardcoded to use profile display for the substitution. We're not familiar with profile pro, you need to contact the developers concerning this matter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn