[SOLVED] Date field issue

13 years 4 months ago #147038 by KatoKalin
[SOLVED] Date field issue was created by KatoKalin
I am having an issue with the date field during registration. When a minimum age has been entered in the backend, it is still possible to register with an age lower than the required minimum.
It seems that the age limit only checks the year and not the complete date entered. So let´s say if there is an age limit of 18 it only checks year 2010 - 18 = 1992.
But if a users birthday is beyond todays date, the user is not yet 18. So for example a user born on 31st December 1992 is 17 by today but would be allowed to register even though the minimum is set to 18.

I hope it is clear what I am talking about. There must be added a function that considers the current date to prevent users to register with a date lower than the required minimum.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/29 14:59

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #147067 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Date field issue
The parameter clearly states Minimum Year shown: and Maximum Year shown:. This is working as intended. There is no age calculation for minimum age, it is strictly year based.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #147068 by KatoKalin
Replied by KatoKalin on topic Re:Date field issue
Maybe a date-age calculation should be added in a future version. For a 18+ community it would not be acceptble to make it possible to register with a 17 years age. It would be a great improvement if the complete date would be calculated for a correct minimum age (not only years).

13 years 4 months ago #147069 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Date field issue
You're welcome to create a new fieldtype integration to better provide a field that'd meet your needs. You could also just use a text field with regex validation and validate an age range so users would input an age such as "19" instead of an actual date, but won't be dynamic to the existing date of course.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #147123 by KatoKalin
Replied by KatoKalin on topic Re:Date field issue
Actually I couldn´t believe I was the only one missing an age validation. So I found the Minage plugin which prompts the user when the entered values result in a lower age than the age required to be able to register.

So fortunately no need for me to write something new. :woohoo:
But still suggesting to integrate such a date validation function for 2.0 to have such a feature out of the box.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn