[SOLVED] Broken Images since upgrading to cb1.2.3

13 years 4 months ago #147052 by mrsdcottam
Since upgrading our members photos are no longer being handled properly. We are experiencing the following issues:
The moderate images page shows broken image links although the images are actually on the server.

Approved images show up as their original size

Approved photos show up on the listing pages as unapproved.

Could this be permissions perhaps?

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/07 20:24

Steve
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #147058 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Broken Images since upgrading to cb1.2.3

The moderate images page shows broken image links although the images are actually on the server.

Please examine the images and provide the "src" attributes value (edit out domain as "example"). Likely a pathing issue; please ensure #live_site on configuration.php is blank.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #147118 by mrsdcottam
Replied by mrsdcottam on topic Re:Broken Images since upgrading to cb1.2.3
krileon wrote:

Please examine the images and provide the "src" attributes value (edit out domain as "example"). Likely a pathing issue; please ensure #live_site on configuration.php is blank.

Hi Krileon

it looks like the thumbs are not being created.
The broken images are :
www.example.com/images/comprofiler/tn573_4ce325818aa89.jpg

On the users profile page a full size image is shown which takes up the full page:
www.example.com/images/comprofiler/4ce325818aa89.jpg

For new users with approved photos - Listings show www.example.com/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/winclassic/images/avatar/tnnophoto_n.png

Users registered prior to upgrading show up correct.

Any thoughts?

Steve

13 years 3 months ago #147150 by krileon
There's something wrong with the pathing. Was CBs core altered in any way? Please upgrade to CB 1.3 and confirm if issue resolved or not. The correct path structure is as follows.

Thumb:
www.example.com/images/comprofiler/tn62_4cf3b2b6df51c.gif

Full:
www.example.com/images/comprofiler/62_4cf3b2b6df51c.gif

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #147781 by mrsdcottam
Replied by mrsdcottam on topic Re:Broken Images since upgrading to cb1.2.3
Upgraded to 1.3 today and the problem persists :(

CB is an "out of the box" config so should be relativley straight forward.

Looks to me as if the Thumbnails are not being generated at all for new members. Any recommendation for what to try next?

Post edited by: mrsdcottam, at: 2010/12/05 00:31

Steve

13 years 3 months ago #147878 by krileon
Where are you uploading the images from? Profile Edit? Registration? Profile Image page? Could not duplicate your results. Appears to be working perfectly fine. Have you performed the debug steps outlined in help us help you found in my signature? If not please perform all possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.326 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn