Warning Muppet Alert

13 years 4 months ago #147055 by ticmic
Warning Muppet Alert was created by ticmic
I am new to CB so please bare with me.

Can someone please advise me how I can achieve (if in fact I can) the following;

I require two groups Solicitors and Customers

When the Solicitors log in I want their Avatar to show in a module as "available" with their real name, if they are not on line I would like the Avatar to either dim or not been seen.

Thanks in advance

Nigel
An Aging Idiot

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #147059 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Warning Muppet Alert
Don't believe you can without some sort of custom development as it can't be done with substitutions sense there's no field to check against in an IF substitution (onlinestatus field won't report back though such a substitution).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #147061 by ticmic
Replied by ticmic on topic Re:Warning Muppet Alert
OK,

Is it possible then if I only have one group to show their Avatars on the fron page when they are online

Thanks

Nigel

13 years 4 months ago #147071 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Warning Muppet Alert

Is it possible then if I only have one group

The problem is profile wise that there is no substitution to check if the displayed user is online or not. So you can use a substitution to conditional display the avatar. You'll need a custom integration to do what you're wanting.

show their Avatars on the fron page when they are online

Don't know how you plan to do this unless you've a module you're displaying users in. In which case you'd need to contact the modules developers concerning this. CB doesn't display avatars for online users in a module; the online module for CB only shows name.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn