Future of CB ?

13 years 4 months ago #147114 by dotcom22
Future of CB ? was created by dotcom22
hello

I'm actually starting a big commercial project and I'm hesitant between CB and Jomsocial. I well know CB and JS because I use both and my goal is not to debate about this 2 components but to understand if choosing CB will be the best solution (what I think)...

I see you start the Incubator project who are a very great news. About that I would like see a new addon for CB who permit to include "Activity Stream" in the same way JS do.. This I think is a important feature for a community like a true "Wall" addon.. The Facebook revolution have change many thing on the web and I think CB must more interact with FB and try also to be inspired of his tools.

I see also you will release a new Joomlapolis site and this is nice too because this one is very messy and we spend a lot time simply to find the correct stuff, infos, answer in every part of the site.

About subscription personally I don't have any problem to subscribe to paid membership if this membership permit me to get what I need and to be confident about CB stuff. I think you should introduce a Paid Support plan who will permit to separate people who want build a site without (or small) commercial focus and who need to be more supported. Often for some people spend 5$ is just too much because they want all for free (addon + support) and for other people (like me) spend 50 or 100$ is not a big deal for get a kind of long terms security if anything happen (bug, issue, problem, crash, misconfiguration)... Having problem with a product and having nobody helping you in timely manner is very very annoying..

Any comment ?

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #147176 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Future of CB ?

About that I would like see a new addon for CB who permit to include "Activity Stream" in the same way JS do..

We've an activity plugin already in development and CB contains the API already to support it. We do plan to release it after has been upgraded to support new Kunena API as well as after security review and testing phases.

This I think is a important feature for a community like a true "Wall" addon.. The Facebook revolution have change many thing on the web and I think CB must more interact with FB and try also to be inspired of his tools.

Latest ProfileBook adds this capability with a Wall tab.

I see also you will release a new Joomlapolis site and this is nice too because this one is very messy and we spend a lot time simply to find the correct stuff, infos, answer in every part of the site.

Entire site is being upgraded. This includes but not limited to new forums; we'll be using latest Kunena.

About subscription personally I don't have any problem to subscribe to paid membership if this membership permit me to get what I need and to be confident about CB stuff. I think you should introduce a Paid Support plan who will permit to separate people who want build a site without (or small) commercial focus and who need to be more supported. Often for some people spend 5$ is just too much because they want all for free (addon + support) and for other people (like me) spend 50 or 100$ is not a big deal for get a kind of long terms security if anything happen (bug, issue, problem, crash, misconfiguration)... Having problem with a product and having nobody helping you in timely manner is very very annoying..

We have plans to provide paid support for those who need it. It's difficult to understand your timely manner remark however. We by far have some of the best and fastest support of all free open source products. Typical wait time is less then 24 hours, between 8am-4pm US Eastern (and occasionally throughout the day) I am here and will typically answer within 30 minutes. Surely can't expect us to be available at all hours of the day. If I miss your post, just PM me and will help you as soon as possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds