[SOLVED] Sports community site - Add results to profile?

13 years 4 months ago #147119 by jogoeire
Hi Folks,
Im building a CB website for Triathlon Club. I need a feature on my member profile pages whereby a member can add their race results and save it to their profile. I have attached a mockup of this to quickly communicate what I mean.

Obviously I would only want a member to be able to add a result on their own profiles but view results for all members.

I was wondering does anyone have any advice for how I would go about implementing something like this? Are there any plugins that I can take advantage of? Failing that would anyone have advice that would set me off in the right direction.

Thanks community! Rob

Post edited by: jogoeire, at: 2010/11/28 21:15

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/03 14:23
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #147177 by krileon
That's doable, but you'll need to make a new CB Plugin to handle it. Would require pretty extensive development. A good example to base your plugin off would be CB ProfileBook and ProfileGallery as both support on-profile submission.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #147532 by jogoeire
Hi Kril,
Thanks for your reply! I figured it wouldn't be simple. Hmm, maybe ill just add a message field and let them punch their results in there in a certain format ('delimited) then write something else to pull em back out of the database to display (my goal). Im not a super coder :-|

Thanks a mill for your help. Rob

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.547 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn