Users are confirmed but not activated (blocked)

13 years 3 months ago #147306 by iberkner
Hi,

We've been trying to figure out this issue for a while, but I think that we finally realized what was going on. Some users have been complaining that after registering on the site, their account is blocked even though they click on the email confirmation.

This is the problem:

1. Register as a new account
2. Try to login to new account (before clicking on email link) WITH WRONG PASSWORD (this is the key)
3. System sets the "confirm" flag to 1 at this time (not sure why)
4. User can't activate through link anymore b/c in the activation code of CB it checks to see if the user is confirmed or not. If they are confirmed, activation is skipped.

I think that if a user tries to log in with the wrong password, they should not be set to "confirmed"?

Help?

spellingcity.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #147339 by krileon
Please upgrade to CB 1.3 and confirm if issue present. Logging in with wrong credentials should not change the activation status. If user logins in with correct information it should resend a new confirmation email.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #147341 by iberkner
Thanks for the response. Turns out that in the configuration of CB we selected "CMS authentication" which caused this code to execute:

cb.authentication.php around line 72

This causes the confirm code to be set, even though the user hasn't activated yet.

Not sure if this is a "bug" or not?

The reason that we selected CMS authentication (although I don't fully understand it yet) is that we need the password to be retrieved without the userid option and I think that was one way to get that to work.

[code:1]

if ( ( ! $foundUser ) && ( $loginType > 2 ) ) {
// If no result, try login by CMS authentication:
if ( $_CB_framework->login( $username, $password, $rememberMe ) ) {
$foundUser = $row->loadByUsername( stripslashes( $username ) );
cbSplitSingleName( $row );
$row->confirmed = 1;
$row->approved = 1;
$row->store(); // synchronizes with comprofiler table
$loggedIn = true;
}
}
[/code:1]

spellingcity.com

13 years 3 months ago #147344 by krileon
CMS Authentication is to allow Joomlas authentication plugins to execute. You should not use this login type unless you know what you're doing. Please change your login method to something more appropriate for your needs. Using CMS Authentication process can bypass somethings such as confirmation or approval if an authentication plugin is present.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn