[SOLVED] profile not updating 500 error

13 years 4 months ago #147497 by vreuls
Need help...
CB backend / frontend users profile cannot be updated by the user or the admin staff... we get nothing or a server 500 error and nothing is changed...

upgraded to 1.3 with the same results plus logged in super admin can not change my own profile as the error message says that I need a higher level access to change profile. No profiles are changeable.

cb tool were used and all fields, data bases, users, etc were sync and no error or issues.

Should we trash our CB configuration and start over?
We were using cb privacy 1.0 but since removed it. Not sure if that has any effect. We are a small ski club but if this is a minor problem and would not be expensive to fix we would be interested in help.

jean
vreu2@comcast.net

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/03 20:11

Jean V

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #147581 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:profile not updating 500 error

CB backend / frontend users profile cannot be updated by the user or the admin staff... we get nothing or a server 500 error and nothing is changed...

Please review your apache error log; it's impossible to know the true cause of 500 error without error logs. Please also attempt to duplicate with Joomla debug mode on and maximum error reporting set. More then likely a conflict from a 3rd party CB plugin.

super admin can not change my own profile as the error message says that I need a higher level access to change profile

This is a known issue, we're working to resolve.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #147691 by vreuls
Replied by vreuls on topic Re:profile not updating 500 error
krileon;
You were on target with this problem... it was a third party cb plugin that we trusted but was the only plugin not from CB or CB affiliates... Thank you so much!!!

Now we will wait for the fix to the super admin profile update issue in v1.3...

Jean V
www.huntsvilleskiclub.org

Jean V

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn