[SOLVED] Increasing rows in "search users" dropdown list

13 years 4 months ago #148245 by shassler
FYI: Using joomla 1.5.16 and CB 1.2.3. Not all my plugins and modules have been upgraded to work with the latest joomla and CB so I'm not upgrading yet.

I would like to have the "search users" dropdown list display more userlist categories at one time. Right now on a PC, you can only see 4 rows. I didn't find anything under the multiselect params in fields and I've done searches for rows, maximums, sizes, columns, searchuserlists, search criteria, etc. and can't find an answer on this forum or in the CB manual. I've also tried Firebug.

1) Please tell me where I change the number of categories (rows/userlists) displayed in the "search users" dropdown list.

2) Will this also change the categories list displayed during registration? If not, where can I find that?

See dropdown menu here:
www.shopdowntownprescott.com/members/search-by-category

Thanks,
Sharon

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/14 18:05

Sharon Hassler
SmallBusinessWebsitesOnly.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #148377 by krileon
Don't understand what you are referring to. You have no drop-down on your userlist. A userlist can only have 4 columns as configured when editing your list. Please be more specific as to what you're wanting to do.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #148444 by shassler
Sorry, no wonder you were confused: That link didn't take you to the right place AND I said "dropdown menu" when it's actually a "multiselect list."

I have a menu link to my primary default userlist which shows a list of all the users (which I call Members). If you click on "Search by Category" (formerly "Search users") in the upper right, you get a multiselect display of all the userlists. I would like to increase the size of that multiselect display to show more than 4 choices so less scrolling is required to select a userlist.

www.shopdowntownprescott.com/members/all-members-list

Sharon Hassler

13 years 4 months ago #148538 by krileon
The category multi-select field already is displaying more then 4. Could you please provide a screenshot of how you're seeing it and to better explain what you're referring to? You can adjust a multi-selects size by changing the parameter Size when editing the field in field management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #148563 by shassler
The number of rows displayed was okay in Firefox and Safari but not in IE7 where I could only see 4, and IE7 is still a much-used browser. In CB, the "Size" parameter is available in each field, but I didn't realize that what "Size" controls varies by the type of field you're working in. Now I know that for the Dropdown Multiselct type, "Size" means number of values (rows) shown in the display. That's what I needed. I changed it to 15 and now it's fine in IE.

Sharon Hassler

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn