[SOLVED] Hiding Usermeta Fields

13 years 3 months ago #148648 by DarkSorosuh
[SOLVED] Hiding Usermeta Fields was created by DarkSorosuh
Hi,
I want to hide some fields of usermeta from editing profile page. Is it possible?! Hiding some fields from editing page?! (So they can only change from back-end?)

I tried to edit Community Builder core but no success as CB is a big project and i cant find needed locations to edit.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/16 17:53

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #148672 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Hiding Usermeta Fields
Hiding what fields? I don't know what Usermeta fields are. You can set fields to Read Only within Field Management; this will make them only editable from Backend.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #148687 by DarkSorosuh
Replied by DarkSorosuh on topic Re:Hiding Usermeta Fields
Hi,
UserMeta is a plug-in that extend user object then you can add other fields to that. I want to use it to Add a field named VIP for paid users.
joomlacode.org/gf/project/usermeta/frs/

Fields that added by UserMeta is visible and editable by "Front-End" (CB User Edit) and "Back-End" (Joomla User management and CB user management. Both). But there are not in field management of CB. So i cant make them Read Only.

Thanks for reply.

13 years 3 months ago #148742 by DarkSorosuh
Hi,

Nothing?! Maybe someone can show where can i add an "if" to filter some of properties of user object to display in CB "Front-End user edit??!

tnx any way.

13 years 3 months ago #148747 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Hiding Usermeta Fields
Don't know what to tell you. You'll need to contact the developer of your extension for support. Fields are managed from Field Management and if your extension is not using proper CB API and plugin structure for fieldtypes then you can't manage it from backend as you would any other CB field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #148759 by DarkSorosuh
Ok, Any way,
There is any plug-in for CB to doing something like that?! Adding a custom field?! And also can access to this field from other Plug-ins/Components?! I know that CB it-self can add custom fields. But i don't know how to use them in other plug-ins/components!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn