login problems

13 years 4 months ago #149066 by zevstub
login problems was created by zevstub
Hi. I'm using the latest CB 1.2.3 for Joomla 1.0.15, but the problems I'm having were there for previous editions as well.

My users have two types of login problems:

1. Periodically, they just can't login, and get error messages, saying the username or pass is invalid. This, even though they've used it many times before. It seems that often coming back later and trying again solves the problem, but obviously my users aren't that patient.

I used to have "remember me" checked automatically, but unchecking it hasn't solved the problem.

I do have some 45,000 members, so maybe I should expect some margin of error, but I'd still love to fix it.
Any ideas?

2. Also, sometimes, the browser will just forget the user is logged in. After several minutes, the login screen will appear again, instead of the "welcome" message. Doesn't seem to happen in Chrome, but IE and FF seem to get it plenty. Any ideas there?

Now that I'm a paying Joomlapolis subscriber, I'd appreciate a bit of help here.

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #149068 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:login problems
zevstub wrote:

Hi. I'm using the latest CB 1.2.3 for Joomla 1.0.15, but the problems I'm having were there for previous editions as well.

Well CB 1.2.3 is certainly not the latest.
Please upgrade to CB 1.3.1 and also consider upgrading/migrating to Joomla 1.5 series.

My users have two types of login problems:

1. Periodically, they just can't login, and get error messages, saying the username or pass is invalid. This, even though they've used it many times before. It seems that often coming back later and trying again solves the problem, but obviously my users aren't that patient.

Never heard of such an issue before.

I used to have "remember me" checked automatically, but unchecking it hasn't solved the problem.

I do have some 45,000 members, so maybe I should expect some margin of error, but I'd still love to fix it.
Any ideas?

No idea - it could be something else you have installed but honestly I cannot think of what.

2. Also, sometimes, the browser will just forget the user is logged in. After several minutes, the login screen will appear again, instead of the "welcome" message. Doesn't seem to happen in Chrome, but IE and FF seem to get it plenty. Any ideas there?

Now that I'm a paying Joomlapolis subscriber, I'd appreciate a bit of help here.

Thanks.

Please upgrade to latest CB at least and then if issues still persist start a new post on the CB 1.3.1 area and please give all details requested in our Help Us Help You article (see signature).

Thank you for subscribing to the CB Documentation subscription. Please note that this is not a support service of any kind - we try to assist community members as time permits (no service level agrrement of course) always giving special priority to our trusted CB Documentation subscribers ;)

13 years 3 months ago #149442 by zevstub
Replied by zevstub on topic Re:login problems
Thanks a lot.
Here's another part of the question: Looking at who's online right now, I see one user logged in six times. To my understanding, she probably thought she was logged out several times, and therefore logged back in.

Do you know anything about this problem? Is this normal?
Thanks.

Post edited by: zevstub, at: 2010/12/26 12:36
Attachments:

13 years 3 months ago #149443 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:login problems
zevstub wrote:

Thanks a lot.
Here's another part of the question: Looking at who's online right now, I see one user logged in six times. To my understanding, she probably thought she was logged out several times, and therefore logged back in.

Do you know anything about this problem? Is this normal?
Thanks.

Post edited by: zevstub, at: 2010/12/26 12:36

No its not normal - please upgrade to CB 1.3.1 and if problem persists please post again.

13 years 3 months ago #149444 by zevstub
Replied by zevstub on topic Re:login problems
I'm not upgrading to 1.3.1 because I have a bunch of hacks that I've done to CB. (and I'm pretty sure I started getting these probl ms before the hacks were made...)
Would you be willing to investigate the issue for pay?

13 years 3 months ago #149495 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:login problems

I'm not upgrading to 1.3.1 because I have a bunch of hacks that I've done to CB. (and I'm pretty sure I started getting these probl ms before the hacks were made...)

Then we can't help you. Either upgrade and thus remove the hacks or continue to have issues. We don't support core edits.

Would you be willing to investigate the issue for pay?

No, unfortunately our time is limited and we cannot debug such situations.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/27 18:09

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds