User lists; multiple users w same info

13 years 5 months ago #146604 by noitavlastra
User lists; multiple users w same info was created by noitavlastra
Hello
A short description of what I'm trying to do:
I'm creating a closed community for an association, where some of the information is public.
One userlist is a list of the members, one is of the shops they work in - since we have several members working the same place i get a listing where the shop is repeated. Is it possible to filter the repetitions and if so how?

Another (in the long run preferred) possibility would be to create a shop database containing all the info, and to have the users select the shop they work in - how could I make this happen incl. a feature where, if shop's not on the list, the first user of the new shop types the data in?

I'm fairy new to Joomla and CB, but this website and forum has already helped my project a long way! Thanks guys and gals!
Love from Denmark /Noitavlastra

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #146622 by noitavlastra
Replied by noitavlastra on topic Re:User lists; multiple users w same info
Now I've been trying all day to find a solution - I'm most keen on working with the last idea of having a database independent from the userdata with the shops' information.
Is there some sort of global fields or the like? While studing is statements I saw use of both userdata and userfield - is this something of the like I'm looking for?

13 years 5 months ago #146633 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:User lists; multiple users w same info

Is it possible to filter the repetitions and if so how?

Yes, should be quite possible adding a an Advanced Filter to your userlist or creating a new integration to edit the query to only select unique.

Another (in the long run preferred) possibility would be to create a shop database containing all the info, and to have the users select the shop they work in - how could I make this happen incl. a feature where, if shop's not on the list, the first user of the new shop types the data in?

Best approach would to just use a Directory extension which is designed specifically for such usage. Some go as far as provide googlemaps support and much more. Recommend searching on Joomla.org extension directory.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn