HOW TO downgrade to CB1.2

13 years 4 months ago #147491 by jay31
HOW TO downgrade to CB1.2 was created by jay31
Hi all

CB had been updated to 1.3 on my test site and now, I would like to return to CB 1.2.

Unfortunately, I have an error at the end of com_profiler install:
Composant Installation: Un autre composant utilise déjà ce dossier: "/var/www/vhosts/<mySite>.fr/httpdocs/test/components/com_comprofiler"
Composant Installation: Un autre composant utilise déjà ce dossier: "/var/www/vhosts/<mySite>.fr/httpdocs/test/administrator/components/com_comprofiler"

Installateur Composant Erreur

Please how could I return to CB 1.2 without lost my CB fields?

Regards
Jérôme

Post edited by: jay31, at: 2010/12/01 23:33

Post edited by: jay31, at: 2010/12/01 23:34

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #147576 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:HOW TO downgrade to CB1.2
CB was not designed with downgrading in mind, as far as I am aware there's no code present to do this. Best approach is to install CB 1.2 on top of CB 1.3 and hope for the best. Perhaps discussion and resolution of your CB 1.3 issues is a better approach?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #147607 by jay31
Replied by jay31 on topic Re:HOW TO downgrade to CB1.2
Hi krileon and thanks for your answer.

In fact, I have 2 problems:
1. the CB1.3 install do not have a French language pluggin. Because of that (i think), i have lost some of my information. Also, CB1.3 have new default fields and without French language pluggin, i do not understand all.

2. when i would like to install CB1.2 on top of CB1.3, i have the error give in my first post.

Because of fields i have created before, i could not uninstall CB then install again CB1.2 without lost all.

Maybe a new French Language pluggin will resolve my issue but i do not know when it will be available.

Any ideas are welcome
Regards
Jérôme

13 years 4 months ago #147705 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:HOW TO downgrade to CB1.2
All you're missing is French translations for new CB 1.3 language strings. You can translate this your self or wait for a new plugin. Uninstalling CB does not remove its database so you can uninstall CB 1.3 then installed CB 1.2 if need be, but again CB is not designed with downgrading in mind so it probably won't go over too well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn