Special pages visible to registered users?

13 years 4 months ago #147531 by jogoeire
Hi Folks,
I configured my site so that only Authors can see particular menu items relating to CB (by setting access level to special in the menu item). Meer registered users should not be able to see these menu items. But they can!! When im logged in as registered i can see them :( When im not logged in at all I cant see them.

Does anyone have any idea what i might be doing wrong. Here are some things I can confirm:

1: Im not logged into Admin at the same time
2: I have upgraded from 1.2x to 1.3 to try fix it. No luck
3: My users levels in CB are set correctly (Authors/Registered)
4: In my CB List ive set it so only Authors can view lists and profiles etc
5: In the normal Joomla config register it turned off

Maybe someone has walked this path before and knows exactly what im doing wrong? Thanks for your help community. Rob

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #147599 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Special pages visible to registered users?
CB has nothing to do with menu access controls. If you want a menu link to be accessible only to registered then you need to edit the menu link within Joomlas menu manager and set it to Registered. If possible please provide links/screenshots to/of the issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn