mod_moderator

13 years 4 months ago #147631 by N6REJ
mod_moderator was created by N6REJ
The moderator module has always confused me as to its purpose and acl.
The only way I've been able to utilize it is for authorizing members to join, and only then if i gives folks the "manager, admin, or sa" permissions.
I'd like to be able to have a "group" that has ok to use this w/o elevated permissions.
What else is this module used for?

Bear

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #147682 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:mod_moderator
The module will display pending connection requests, pending image approvals, pending registration approvals. As far as I am aware that is all it displays. Relevant permissions are still required to approve users, etc.. that has nothing to do with the module actually as the module just sends to the approval page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #147750 by N6REJ
Replied by N6REJ on topic Re:mod_moderator
kyle, is there a way to assign people to be able to use that module other then making them "manager' or higher?

Bear

13 years 4 months ago #147751 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:mod_moderator
N6REJ wrote:

kyle, is there a way to assign people to be able to use that module other then making them "manager' or higher?

No, CB works with Joomla 1.5 Groups.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.416 seconds