[SOLVED] Users can't register in my site using PEC email

13 years 4 months ago #147785 by navajolo
Hi everybody. In Italy we have a particular type of email address called P.E.C. (email certified) that we use to send and receive with other PEC for legal reasons. Many people in Italy must use it. I want that people who wants to register in my site use a PEC email address.
But the registration page of Community Builder doesn't permit this. It only accepts "normal" email address.
The base registration module of Joomla works with PEC, setting mail function on SMTP but in the this way CB stops working with normal email address too. On SMTP Community Builder Enhanced works fine too but I have serious problems using CBE and would use CB.
Do you know if CB has some particular problems working with SMTP email Joomla function? Do you have any ideas about how to make CB work with Italian PEC email address?

Thank you very much.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/13 16:37

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #147849 by navajolo
Why Community Builder doesn't work with Joomla SMTP while base component "user" and Community Builder Enhanced too work fine?

Thanx

13 years 4 months ago #147852 by krileon

but I have serious problems using CBE and would use CB.

Are you using CBE or CB 1.3? CB should typically accept any email Joomla does. You're capable of altering the validation for the email field to accept other email types if need be. Validation is done by way of REGEX. You can alter the main validation regex inside of comprofiler.class.php as follows.

[code:1]
define( "_UE_PREGMATCH_VALID_EMAIL", "/[a-z0-9!#$%&'*+\\/=?^_`{|}~-]+(?:\\.[a-z0-9!#$%&'*+\\/=?^_`{|}~-]+)*@(?:[a-z0-9](?:[a-z0-9-]*[a-z0-9])?\\.)+[a-z0-9](?:[a-z0-9-]*[a-z0-9])?/i" );
[/code:1]

about how to make CB work with Italian PEC email address?

Don't know what PEC or how they're structured, could you provide an example?

Why Community Builder doesn't work with Joomla SMTP while base component "user" and Community Builder Enhanced too work fine?

CB works fine with SMTP, have you searched before posting concerning SMTP? You must format the HOST differently for CB to function, it must include the port at the end (e.g. smtp.site.com:12295).

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/06 14:29

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #147892 by navajolo
Hi Crileon. Thank you very much for reply.
I can't speak a good english but I will try, sorry.

I'm using CB 1.3

In PHPmail modality CB 1.3 works with normal email address and don't work with PEC address.
The base user component of joomla doesn't work with PEC in PHPmail too, but if I set on SMTP it works. Community Builder Enhanced works too, with PEC address in SMTP, but gives me other big problems and I don't want to use CBE.

I've just added port value at the end of the previous SMTPhost value but Community Builder still doesn't work with ANY email address even if I did more attempts.
Here are my SMTP settings:

Mailer: server SMTP
Mail from: my PEC mail address
Name: my PEC mail address
Path sendmail: I think it is not important!
Auth SMTP: Yes
Security SMTP: SSL
Port SMTP: 465 (or 25 "default" if I leave empty)
User SMTP: my PEC mail address
Password SMTP: my PEC mail address password
Host SMTP: smtps.pec.aruba.it:465 (or .465)

About PEC I can tell you that it is an email system that is more secure and safe respect to normal email system. So you can use PEC to communicate with other PECs (i.e. with state offices) and this communication has legal value such as FAX communication or traditional mail. I will search for you some English document to understand what PEC is.

Post edited by: navajolo, at: 2010/12/06 17:43
Attachments:

13 years 4 months ago #147902 by navajolo
I found this text (pdf) that is an unofficial translation of the Italian law on P.E.C. (Posta Elettronica Certificata - Certified Electronic Mail). I hope this could be of some utilities... Thanx

Attachment Certified_Electronic_Mail_Italian_Decree___Unofficial_English_Translation.zip not found

Attachments:

13 years 4 months ago #147917 by navajolo
Good afternoon. I think my problem is inside the question of CB + SMTP.
My CB can't send mails and notification to me and to new users if my joomla site has SMTP configured. I read previous discussions on this forum and made the modifications in joomla mail configuration but still doesn't work.
My SMTP settings anyway should be ok 'cause registration made by CBE or base component works.
I don't think that is a problem of Italian PEC addresses.

:blush:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn