Where is the Default.php folder?

13 years 4 months ago #147790 by trobinr
Where is the Default.php folder? was created by trobinr
Hello

Ok, I am a newbie at not only CB 1.3 but also of joomla 1.5.

I have installed CB 1.3 and was going through the guide, and it says here that "these (Email) messages are not hard-coded, You can open the default.php file located in the default plugin language folder"

Where do I find this file, Is it inside joomla or do I have to get to it by way of FTP?

Sorry for asking such a new question, but I've been working in joomla for just a few months and CB 1.3 for a week or so.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks
TED :blink:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #147793 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Where is the Default.php folder?
Best way to modify language strings is not to change the default files.

You should download the english language plugin for CB 1.3 from here:

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb-en/files

unzip it locally.

Then modify any string you want from the individual php files.

Example:

english.php file has strings like:

[code:1]DEFINE('_UE_HITS','Hits');
[/code:1]

you can change this to:

[code:1]DEFINE('_UE_HITS','Views');

cbteamplugins_language.php file has strings like:

[code:1]'Profile Book' => 'Profile Book',

you can change this to:

[code:1]'Profile Book' => 'Guest Book',

(notice only the second part is changed above - if you change the first part the the default language files will kick in - you should not change the first parts here!)

there is also the admin_language.php file that contains strings used in the CB backend. For example:

[code:1]'Provides an User Tab that shows all articles written by the user.' => 'Provides an User Tab that shows all articles written by the user.',

can be changed to:

[code:1]'Provides an User Tab that shows all articles written by the user.' => 'Gives User Tab that shows all articles written by the profile owner.',[/code:1]

Notice above that only the right part of the => should be modified.

Once you make as many changes as you want above, rezip the previously unzipped folder and install the resulting package using the CB Plugin Manager.

This way your english plugin will be used instead of the default language strings that CB has as a fall-back mechanism.

The above method should be used as your changes will not be over-written when upgrading to a newer CB version.

Hopefully things are clearer now.

13 years 4 months ago #147810 by trobinr
Replied by trobinr on topic Re:Where is the Default.php folder?
Thanks Nick, But where do I find the php that covers the EMail that the member receives? Specially the rejected members Email? Thanks Ted:silly:

13 years 4 months ago #147820 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Where is the Default.php folder?
trobinr wrote:

Thanks Nick, But where do I find the php that covers the EMail that the member receives? Specially the rejected members Email? Thanks Ted:silly:

Please search the english.php file.

I see:

[code:1]DEFINE('_UE_REG_REJECT_SUB','Your registration has been rejected!');
DEFINE('_UE_USERREJECT_MSG',"Your registration at %s has been rejected for the following reason:\n%s"«»);

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.367 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn