White Screen on 2nd part of install, cant get past

13 years 4 months ago #147891 by bigc90210
Hi There,

First off, great job! Any help with this is much appreciated.

I installed CB 1.3 directly over my 1.2.3 installation, the first part went great, then when it redirects it goes to a error 500 page.

When i go to CB in my components list, i see the following message:

Warning: file /home/sites/teamsao.com/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/pluginsfiles.tgz still exists. This is probably due to the fact that first installation step did not complete, or second installation step did not take place. If you are sure that first step has been performed, you need to execute second installation step before using CB. You can do this now by clicking here: please click here to continue next and last installation step.

When i "Click Here" it just takes me back to the Error 500 page, I've tried this in IE8, FF 3.6 and the latest version of google chrome incase it was a browser issue

I've set the permisions of my Administrator folder to 755 (and subfolders and files) but this hasn't remedied the situation either.

Any help you guys can give is mega appreciated!

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #147942 by krileon
Blank screens are impossible to debug without server error logs. Please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting within Joomla global configuration. Once done attempt to install CB again and review your server error logs afterwords (or any on-screen errors if any).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.506 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn