Random blank pages when browsing

13 years 3 months ago #147950 by aprograms
Random blank pages when browsing was created by aprograms
Hi there, I'm running CB 1.3 with facebook 1.1 plugin and twitter 1.0 plugin in a joomla 1.5.20 site.
I'm having temporal blank pages with a kind of login module in it when browsing through the site, the "kind of login module" has a username box, password box, remember me check box, and it says session write error underneath.
This happends from time to time (I would say every 5th change of page), and if you press refresh button goes back to the supposed page to be like nothing happend.
I've read a similar post in the forum but its supposed to be solved with the last fcbk plugin (and is the one I'm runnig I believe).
Here is my system info:
PHP 5.2.13
DB 5.0.91 community
Server Apache 2.0.63 unix, session interface apache2handler.

Any ideas what is going on and how to solve it?
I can send you more info if needed, thanks a lot.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #148024 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Random blank pages when browsing
Please review your server apache error logs concerning the time of when one of these errors happens. There's a number of reasons that could cause a session error: conflict, caching issue, session corruption, etc.. Does disabling FBC and Twitter resolve this? Twitter is very session dependent (fixed with next release) and could be having problems conflicting with something else using sessions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #148685 by aprograms
Replied by aprograms on topic Re:Random blank pages when browsing
I don't have access to apache log, but I'll be soon because I'm setting up my own server. We'll be able to track the issue better.
Anyway the "kind of" login module have disapeared when I've disabled twitter module, I'm still getting a blank page from time to time thoug, but I might be having some cache problem or timeout thing around. We'll find out soon, thanks a lot.

13 years 3 months ago #148748 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Random blank pages when browsing
Please do let us know the findings of your new servers error logs. We're very interested in tracking down the session issue. Seams to be a very mysterious bug that appears to be a bug in Joomla, CB, or both.. we're not completely sure at this point. Sessions are very very sensitive so even minor changes without proper API use can cause issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.392 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn