Defining access to specific areas

13 years 4 months ago #147990 by malcolm.siebert
Defining access to specific areas was created by malcolm.siebert
I am very new to this so hope someone can help.

Running Joomla 1.5 with CB 1.3 on Ubuntu

We provide a service to tenants in numerous shopping malls around the country and produce monthly statistics per mall. At the moment the statistics are accessed through a URL link on the site to the site where the data is managed.

In this application, tenants register on the site with a username, email address and identify the mall that they are in.

What we are trying to do is set this up so that only the tenants of mall A can see the data for mall A and none of the other malls.

I realise that we need to create groups of users per mall using either the username or email address but beyond that I get totally stuck.

Are there any modules, plug-ins that are available that will enable us to achieve this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #148038 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Defining access to specific areas
Would help to understand how you're giving this information to the user. Typically all you need to do is edit the source code responsible for feeding this data and add an IF/ELSE case to check whether the user is the owner, if not redirect or display nothing, etc.. If it's just a database query then ensure your query has a WHERE clause to only grab the viewing users information. Several approaches to doing this, but again would help to know how you're delivering the information.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.356 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn