[#2158] Child of Child Plans

13 years 3 months ago #148704 by wysdesign
[#2158] Child of Child Plans was created by wysdesign
Hi Guys,

I'm sure your sick of getting asked this but would you mind answering it one more time.

Could i ask why we can't have third level plans e.g

-Parent
---Child 1
Child 1 Child

I have been playing around with the DB on my site and manually changed the "parent" id for my Child 1 Child plans (third level) and i can't really see any problems other than the slider on the Registration form works a little weird.

if the slider is the only issue on not having third/fourth level plans please let me know as this would make my life a lot easier for my site. From what i have read on the forum posts other people would like this functionality as well.

Thanks

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/16 18:14

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #148762 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Child of Child Plans

Could i ask why we can't have third level plans e.g

Because there are numerous checks all through CBSubs to handle a single level of children. Adding another level would duplicate those checks further, etc.. I can't say for sure why better hierarchy is not provided, but am aware we've plans to better improve this in a much later release.

I have been playing around with the DB on my site and manually changed the "parent" id for my Child 1 Child plans (third level) and i can't really see any problems other than the slider on the Registration form works a little weird.

Don't quite recommend manual database edits, but if it works we'd certainly be interested in the results (full recursive testing needed of course) for potential of quick/easy implementation.

if the slider is the only issue on not having third/fourth level plans please let me know as this would make my life a lot easier for my site. From what i have read on the forum posts other people would like this functionality as well.

Could you provide a screenshot of this slider issue? Am interested in seeing your results.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #148785 by wysdesign
Replied by wysdesign on topic Re:Child of Child Plans
Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the response, i have posted a screen capture here for everyone to view. a single screen shot wouldn't of shown much

dev.wysdesign.com.au/cb-3-level

13 years 3 months ago #148851 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Child of Child Plans
wysdesign wrote:

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the response, i have posted a screen capture here for everyone to view. a single screen shot wouldn't of shown much

dev.wysdesign.com.au/cb-3-level

I see, very cool. Please do in the future once purchases have been made or further recursive testing as been made your results. Slider issue seams to be some issues with the jQuery not being designed to handle the additional children, something that could be fixed (also is not encoded; see components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/js/). Have added a feature ticket for your request.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn